Dr. Javid is a clinical scientist, lifestyle educator and entrepreneur. He is the co-founder and the scientific advisor at Amoderm Medical Corporation. He has years of experience in designing and conducting cutting-edge clinical trials and laboratory research on various medical conditions. After completing medical training, Dr. Javid’s avid interest in battling serious diseases of our age through scientific research led him to pursue a full-time science career as opposed to becoming a clinician.
Dr. Javid has deep knowledge and understanding of human biology and physiology and the molecular basis of the human diseases, including extracellular matrix, cell cycle and differentiation, and related phenomena such as cancer and aging and the role of environmental factors and lifestyle. Drawing upon his expertise, Dr. Javid created the Amoderm™ advanced skin care line to provide high-quality, safe and clinically-proven effective products for a healthier and rejuvenated skin. Dr. Javid continues his ground-breaking research to find more effective skin care solutions based on latest scientific findings, and to bring them to public, under Amoderm™ advanced skin care product line.
Dr. Javid has also been the founder and director of the Wellness program at Amoderm, where he actively engages and assists patients in developing and implementing therapeutic lifestyle changes including (but not limited to) individualized diet planning and lifestyle modification to improve health and well-being and prevent, postpone, or treat and reverse the course of chronic illnesses. With the chronic diseases becoming the leading causes of death and disability and impaired quality of life, and the proven role of lifestyle in prevention and treatment of these deadly conditions, Dr. Javid is passionately devoted to promoting healthy lifestyles and he is actively involved in designing and developing cutting-edge, user-friendly, and evidence-based wellness programs.
Dr. Javid completed his Ph.D. in Molecular and Cellular Biology with specialization in Molecular Pathology and Immunology at Stony Brook University in New York where he conducted research on cancer and novel cancer treatments. Dr. Javid is the Director of Clinical Research at Englewood Hospital and Medical Center in New Jersey where he has designed, conducted and analyzed several clinical studies on new drugs as part of formal FDA approval process in addition to research on innovative ways of reducing the reliance on donor blood transfusions. In addition, he is a consultant for pharmaceutical companies where he advises and steers their scientific activities to design and study new medications and medical devices to promote the health and well-being of patients throughout the world. He has an extensive list of scientific publications in prestigious medical journals and he also serves as a reviewer for a number of leading medical journals.
List of Selected Peer-reviewed Scientific Publications:
Konig G, Holmes AA, Garcia R, Mendoza JM, Javidroozi M, Satish S, Waters JH. In Vitro Evaluation of a Novel System for Monitoring Surgical Hemoglobin Loss. Anesth Analg. 2014 May 6.
Shander A, Gross I, Hill S, Javidroozi M, Sledge S. A new perspective on best transfusion practices. Blood Transfus. 2013;11:193-202.
Shander A, Javidroozi M. The approach to patients with bleeding disorders who do not accept blood-derived products. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2013;39:182-90.
Shander A, Puzio T, Javidroozi M. Variability in transfusion practice and effectiveness of strategies to improve it. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2012;26:541-4.
Shander A, Berth U, Betta J, Javidroozi M. Iron overload and toxicity: implications for anesthesiologists. J Clin Anesth. 2012;24:419-25.
Shander A, Javidroozi M. Resurrecting the iron age*. Crit Care Med. 2012;40:2252-3.
Shander A, Javidroozi M. Strategies to reduce the use of blood products: a US perspective. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2012;25:50-8.
Javidroozi M, Zucker S, Chen WT. Plasma seprase and DPP4 levels as markers of disease and prognosis in cancer. Dis Markers. 2012;32:309-20.
Shander A, Javidroozi M, Perelman S, Puzio T, Lobel G. From bloodless surgery to patient blood management. Mt Sinai J Med. 2012;79:56-65.
Shander A, Javidroozi M, Ozawa S, Hare GM. What is really dangerous: anemia or transfusion? Br J Anaesth. 2011;107 Suppl 1:i41-59.
Shander A, Javidroozi M, Ashton ME. Drug-induced anemia and other red cell disorders: a guide in the age of polypharmacy. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2011;6:295-303.
Shander A, Fink A, Javidroozi M, Erhard J, Farmer SL, Corwin H, Goodnough LT, Hofmann A, Isbister J, Ozawa S, Spahn DR; International Consensus Conference on Transfusion Outcomes Group. Appropriateness of allogeneic red blood cell transfusion: the international consensus conference on transfusion outcomes. Transfus Med Rev. 2011;25:232-246.
Shander A, Javidroozi M. A reductionistic approach to aged blood. Anesthesiology. 2010;113:1-3.
Mackenzie CF, Moon-Massat PF, Shander A, Javidroozi M, Greenburg AG. When blood is not an option: factors affecting survival after the use of a hemoglobin-based oxygen carrier in 54 patients with life-threatening anemia. Anesth Analg. 2010;110:685-93.
Shander A, Javidroozi M. Invited commentary. Ann Thorac Surg. 2010;89:576-7.
Shander A, Moskowitz DM, Javidroozi M. Blood conservation in practice: an overview. Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2009;70:16-21.
Javidroozi M, Moskowitz DM, Shander A. Adjusting surgical bleeding for dilutional effect of Hextend. Transfusion. 2008;48:2480-1.
Shander A, Javidroozi M. The unresolved safety concerns of bovine thrombin. Patient Saf Surg. 2008;2:23.
Shander A, Javidroozi M, Thompson G. Hemoglobin-based blood substitutes and risk of myocardial infarction and death. JAMA. 2008;300:1296-7.
Moskowitz DM, Shander A, Javidroozi M, Klein JJ, Perelman SI, Nemeth J, Ergin MA. Postoperative blood loss and transfusion associated with use of Hextend in cardiac surgery patients at a blood conservation center. Transfusion. 2008;48:768-75.
Shander A, Javidroozi M. Invited commentary. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;85:844.
Shander A, Javidroozi M. Another headache for anemia. Crit Care Med. 2007;35:2454-6.
Shander A, Javidroozi M, Goodnough LT. Anemia screening in elective surgery: Definition, significance and patients’ interests. Anesth Analg. 2006;103:778-9.
Mehdipour P, Atri M, Jafarimojarrad E, Hosseini-Asl SS, Javidroozi M. Laddering through pedigrees: family history of malignancies in primary breast cancer patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2003;4:185-92.
Atri M, Jafarimojarrad E, Javidroozi M, Mehdipour P. Lack of association between early onset of breast cancer and numbers of affected relatives in an Iranian population. Fam Cancer. 2003;2:117-8.
Atri M, Mehdipour P, Javidroozi M, Hosseini-Asl S, Jafarimojarrad E. Linking Histopathology and Family History in Breast Cancer. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2002;3:33-39.
DISCLAIMER: Every patient is different. Individual results may vary and no guarantee can be made. We will discuss your treatment(s), expected results, possible risks, costs and alternative options with you during your visit.
NOTICE TO CONSUMERS: Medical doctors are licensed and regulated by the Medical Board of California. (800) 633-2322 - www.mbc.ca.gov
Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center in Irvine is your one-stop clinic for a healthier & rejuvenated look. Visit us for Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero Balance, Bellafill, Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Sculptra, Chemical peels, Microlaser peel, Laser skin resurfacing, Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, IPL Photofacial, Skin tightening, Body sculpting, Cellulite reduction, Radiofrequency treatments, SculpSure fat reduction and body contouring treatments, Venus Freeze, Microdermabrasion, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Spider vein removal, PDO Threadlift, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Facials, Latisse & more!
Visit Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Center, Medspa & Skin Care Clinic today for a healthier & younger you! Conveniently located in heart of Irvine & easily accessible from Orange County major freeways, Amoderm is proud to provide cutting-edge cosmetic & wellness services & premium skin care products designed to provide antiaging, anti-acne, sun protection & other functions vital to healthy & youthful skin. Under direct supervision of Dr. Elham Jafari, MD, a California-licensed, board-certified physician & an experienced aesthetic medicine specialist, Amoderm Medspa is pleased to offer an expansive list of professional medical cosmetic services including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill and Scluptra all injected skillfully by licensed physician and used individually or in combination for liquid facelift. Whenever indicated, we inject fillers using flexible Microcannula (micro-cannula) for better results, less pain and less bruising. Amoderm also offers various customized chemical skin peels, VI peel, Microlaser peel (laser skin resurfacing), IPL (Photofacial), skin tightening using laser and radiofrequency, Microdermabrasion, PDO Threadlift, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Laser vein removal, Spider vein removal, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Venus Freeze, SculpSure Latisse, and anti-aging skin care products. Call us today to schedule your free consultation!
At Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Clinic, our goal is to create a healthy, natural and age-defying look. Our focus is on whole-face rejuvenation using a combination of fillers, neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and various laser and radiofrequency treatment. We offer various medical cosmetic treatments to enhance and accentuate your natural beauty. At Amoderm, we explore all options to rejuvenate, slow down and reverse the aging process using the most advanced, clinically-proven, affordable and safe treatments that are customized to your specific conditions and needs. It's all about you, and what is right for you. The good news is that many things can be done to effectively reverse the aging process without expensive surgeries and alike. Our patients often find it hard to believe what can be achieved in a single visit using a carefully selected combination of botox, dysport and filler injections and lasers. Our emphasis is on whole-face rejuvenation with natural-looking results. Often, years of aging can be undone in just a few minutes.
It's very important for us to have a face-to-face discussion with you to know you better; where you are coming from; what issues you want to address; what your expectations are; and how we can help you best. We also want you to know us better to make sure Amoderm is the right place for you. That's why we always offer complimentary consultations to our patients. When you come to Amoderm, you can be assured that you will be treated with utmost courtesy, honesty and professionalism. We truly care about you, your comfort and your well-being. We know that going to a cosmetic clinic is not necessarily the most pleasant experience, but we do whatever it takes to make it as pleasant and as stress-free, and as comfortable as possible for you. Our services include:
- Botox, Dysport & Xeomin injections to wipe out dynamic wrinkles and more. Botox, Xeomin & Dysport are effective in reducing and removing wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, Botox is FDA-approved for treatment of other conditions such as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), muscle stiffness (spasticity) and migraine headaches, which are also provided at Amoderm. Other cosmetic treatments we provide using Botox, Dysport and Xeomin include jaw slimming and jaw line reshaping, calf slimming, nose reshaping, eyebrow lift, treatment of neck (platisma) bands and more. Say goodbye to the wrinkles, fine lines, crows’ feet, frown lines, worry lines & forehead creases by Botox & Dysport injections & take years away from your face!
- Filler injections (Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill, Restylane & Perlane) to add volume & diminish wrinkles instantly. Dermal fillers are used to create volume under the skin in a fine & skillful procedure that has been likened to sculpting or non-surgical face lift. Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in using various dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Restylane & Perlane to accentuate your natural beauty & defy the effects of aging. Juvederm, Belotero, Voluma, Restylane & Perlane are based on hyaluronic acid, a gel-like substance that is naturally present in skin, contributing to the firmness of young & healthy skin. Dr. Jafari at Amoderm Med Spa can replenish the skin’s lost hyaluronic acid by injection of Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Belotero or Voluma. On the other hand, Radiesse utilizes a calcium-based microsphere technology, which not only provides immediate volume restoration, but it also stimulates the body to produce new collagen, creating much more long-lasting results. Similarly, Sculptra is derived from corn-starch and is highly effective in stimulating body to produce more collagen. Dr. Jafari skillfully injects the dermal fillers into areas such as smile lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, tear trough, nose bridge, cheeks, chin, neck and hands and takes away years of age in a few minutes! Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in techniques such as microcannula injections, which can reduce the bruising associated with the procedure.
- Medical-Grade Customized Chemical Peel including VI Peel and Obagi Blue Peel to create vibrant, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
- MicroLaser peel (Laser skin resurfacing) to rejuvenate the skin, for active acne and acne scar, stretch marks, pigmentation, skin sun damage, scars, and wrinkles.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for deeper laser peels resulting in more effective skin rejuvenation.
- IPL (Photofacial) to stimulate collagen and treat vascular lesions, sun damage, pigmentation, open pores, acne and redness.
- Micro-needling (Microneedling, dermapen, dermaroller) to stimulate collagen, treat superficial scars and improve skin tone and texture.
- Skin tightening to stimulate collagen, increased skin tone and tightness.
- Laser spider vein removal to remove unsightly superficial veins such as the spider veins.
- Medical-grade crystal-free diamond Microdermabrasion to treat superficial hyperpigmentation, photodamage, and fine lines.
- Laser hair removal for a silky-smooth, vibrant and maintenance-free skin.
- Stretch mark removal to effectively reduce the appearance of stubborn striae and stretch marks.
- Toenail fungus Laser treatment to safely, effectively and permanently treat toenail fungus.
- Radiofrequency and Venus Freeze treatments for body contouring, skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, cellulite treatment and size reduction.
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) to rejuvenate face using body's own growth factors (optionally combined with fillers).
- Signature Facials to promote your natural beauty and the health of your skin.
- Wellness program for better health, better management of chronic diseases and weigh adjustment.
- Latisse for fuller beautiful eyelashes
Amoderm Medical Spa is located in Irvine, California. We proudly serve clients from all cities & neighborhoods in the OC including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Crystal Cove, Cypress, Dana Point, Fashion Island, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Pelican Hills, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, South Coast Plaza, Surfside, Tustin, Tustin Legacy, Tustin Ranch, UCI, University Park, Westminster, & Yorba Linda. In addition to the cities in the Orange County, Amoderm Medspa often provide services to clients from other counties including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside & San Bernardino & other cities and counties in Southern California.