We all have heard it or experienced it first-hand that when we want to lose weight, the fat in the face area – which contributes greatly to a youthful look – is often the first to disappear, while the unwanted excessive fat in other body parts such as belly and hips are far more stubborn. For some, the volume loss in face and the associated changes such as sunken eyes and temples and deepened lines and wrinkles are so prominent that they give up and quit the diet. Indeed as can be seen in the diagram below, aging is associated with loss of volume, including fat tissues in face, and rapid weight loss can have a similar effect as years of aging, as fat tissues in face are depleted.
The good news is that you no longer have to choose between having a healthy weight and looking youthful and fresh! Thanks to Sculptra, a new stimulating dermal filler, you can protect your face against volume loss when losing weight, or restore lost volume effectively afterward.
Sculptra (Ploy-L-Lactic acid) is a special type of filler that once injected, stimulates body to make collagen at sites of injection. Sculptra was first approved by FDA to treat facial fat loss in people with AIDS/HIV infection. These patients are known to suffer from a condition known as facial wasting (lipoatrophy), which is hallmarked by sinking of the cheeks, eyes and temples due to the loss of fat under the skin. This is very similar to what happens to an otherwise healthy person who is on a restricted calorie diet to lose weight.
Since its approval, Sculptra has been used successfully to restore volume and rejuvenate face in healthy people as well. The specific mode of action of Sculptra makes it particularly useful in treatment of patients with facial fat loss, a condition that commonly occurs in those who are trying to lose weight.
Upon injection, Sculptra stimulates the cells to increase the thickness of skin and add volume to facial tissue. This results in restoration of volume in face areas with fat loss. Sculptra itself degrades gradually after the injection, but the newly produced collagen often lasts for long time, around two years or more.
Sculptra should only be injected by experienced and licensed clinicians. For best results, a series of 3 injections is recommended. Sculptra needs to be dissolved in sterile water well ahead of the injection and the patients are asked to massage the injection area during the days following the injection for more uniform results and reducing the occurrence of lumps and nodules.
Amoderm is one of the few clinics in Orange County that provides Sculptra injection. At Amoderm, Sculptra and other fillers are injected exclusively by Dr. Elham Jafari who has treated thousands of patients with various cosmetic injections successfully. Contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation!
Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center in Irvine is your one-stop clinic for a healthier & rejuvenated look. Visit us for Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero Balance, Bellafill, Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Sculptra, Chemical peels, Microlaser peel, Laser skin resurfacing, Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, IPL Photofacial, Skin tightening, Body sculpting, Cellulite reduction, Radiofrequency treatments, SculpSure fat reduction and body contouring treatments, Venus Freeze, Microdermabrasion, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Spider vein removal, Sclerotherapy, PDO Threadlift, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Facials, Latisse & more!
Visit Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Center, Medspa & Skin Care Clinic today for a healthier & younger you! Conveniently located in heart of Irvine & easily accessible from Orange County major freeways, Amoderm is proud to provide cutting-edge cosmetic & wellness services & premium skin care products designed to provide antiaging, anti-acne, sun protection & other functions vital to healthy & youthful skin. Under direct supervision of Dr. Elham Jafari, MD, a California-licensed, board-certified physician & an experienced aesthetic medicine specialist, Amoderm Medspa is pleased to offer an expansive list of professional medical cosmetic services including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill and Scluptra all injected skillfully by licensed physician and used individually or in combination for liquid facelift. Whenever indicated, we inject fillers using flexible Microcannula (micro-cannula) for better results, less pain and less bruising. Amoderm also offers various customized chemical skin peels, VI peel, Microlaser peel (laser skin resurfacing), IPL (Photofacial), skin tightening using laser and radiofrequency, Microdermabrasion, PDO Threadlift, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Laser vein removal, Spider vein removal, Sclerotherapy, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Venus Freeze, SculpSure Latisse, and anti-aging skin care products. Call us today to schedule your free consultation!
At Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Clinic, our goal is to create a healthy, natural and age-defying look. Our focus is on whole-face rejuvenation using a combination of fillers, neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and various laser and radiofrequency treatment. We offer various medical cosmetic treatments to enhance and accentuate your natural beauty. At Amoderm, we explore all options to rejuvenate, slow down and reverse the aging process using the most advanced, clinically-proven, affordable and safe treatments that are customized to your specific conditions and needs. It's all about you, and what is right for you. The good news is that many things can be done to effectively reverse the aging process without expensive surgeries and alike. Our patients often find it hard to believe what can be achieved in a single visit using a carefully selected combination of botox, dysport and filler injections and lasers. Our emphasis is on whole-face rejuvenation with natural-looking results. Often, years of aging can be undone in just a few minutes.It's very important for us to have a face-to-face discussion with you to know you better; where you are coming from; what issues you want to address; what your expectations are; and how we can help you best. We also want you to know us better to make sure Amoderm is the right place for you. That's why we always offer complimentary consultations to our patients. When you come to Amoderm, you can be assured that you will be treated with utmost courtesy, honesty and professionalism. We truly care about you, your comfort and your well-being. We know that going to a cosmetic clinic is not necessarily the most pleasant experience, but we do whatever it takes to make it as pleasant and as stress-free, and as comfortable as possible for you. Our services include:
- Botox, Dysport & Xeomin injections to wipe out dynamic wrinkles and more. Botox, Xeomin & Dysport are effective in reducing and removing wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, Botox is FDA-approved for treatment of other conditions such as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), muscle stiffness (spasticity) and migraine headaches, which are also provided at Amoderm. Other cosmetic treatments we provide using Botox, Dysport and Xeomin include jaw slimming and jaw line reshaping, calf slimming, nose reshaping, eyebrow lift, treatment of neck (platisma) bands and more. Say goodbye to the wrinkles, fine lines, crows’ feet, frown lines, worry lines & forehead creases by Botox & Dysport injections & take years away from your face!
- Filler injections (Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill, Restylane & Perlane) to add volume & diminish wrinkles instantly. Dermal fillers are used to create volume under the skin in a fine & skillful procedure that has been likened to sculpting or non-surgical face lift. Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in using various dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Restylane & Perlane to accentuate your natural beauty & defy the effects of aging. Juvederm, Belotero, Voluma, Restylane & Perlane are based on hyaluronic acid, a gel-like substance that is naturally present in skin, contributing to the firmness of young & healthy skin. Dr. Jafari at Amoderm Med Spa can replenish the skin’s lost hyaluronic acid by injection of Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Belotero or Voluma. On the other hand, Radiesse utilizes a calcium-based microsphere technology, which not only provides immediate volume restoration, but it also stimulates the body to produce new collagen, creating much more long-lasting results. Similarly, Sculptra is derived from corn-starch and is highly effective in stimulating body to produce more collagen. Dr. Jafari skillfully injects the dermal fillers into areas such as smile lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, tear trough, nose bridge, cheeks, chin, neck and hands and takes away years of age in a few minutes! Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in techniques such as microcannula injections, which can reduce the bruising associated with the procedure.
- Medical-Grade Customized Chemical Peel including VI Peel and Obagi Blue Peel to create vibrant, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
- MicroLaser peel (Laser skin resurfacing) to rejuvenate the skin, for active acne and acne scar, stretch marks, pigmentation, skin sun damage, scars, and wrinkles.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for deeper laser peels resulting in more effective skin rejuvenation. - IPL (Photofacial) to stimulate collagen and treat vascular lesions, sun damage, pigmentation, open pores, acne and redness.
- Micro-needling (Microneedling, dermapen, dermaroller) to stimulate collagen, treat superficial scars and improve skin tone and texture.
- Skin tightening to stimulate collagen, increased skin tone and tightness.
- Laser spider vein removal and Sclerotherapy to remove unsightly superficial veins such as the spider veins.
- Medical-grade crystal-free diamond Microdermabrasion to treat superficial hyperpigmentation, photodamage, and fine lines.
- Laser hair removal for a silky-smooth, vibrant and maintenance-free skin.
- Stretch mark removal to effectively reduce the appearance of stubborn striae and stretch marks.
- Toenail fungus Laser treatment to safely, effectively and permanently treat toenail fungus.
- Radiofrequency and Venus Freeze treatments for body contouring, skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, cellulite treatment and size reduction.
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) to rejuvenate face using body's own growth factors (optionally combined with fillers).
- Signature Facials to promote your natural beauty and the health of your skin.
- Wellness program for better health, better management of chronic diseases and weigh adjustment.
- Latisse for fuller beautiful eyelashes
Amoderm Medical Spa is located in Irvine, California. We proudly serve clients from all cities & neighborhoods in the OC including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Crystal Cove, Cypress, Dana Point, Fashion Island, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Pelican Hills, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, South Coast Plaza, Surfside, Tustin, Tustin Legacy, Tustin Ranch, UCI, University Park, Westminster, & Yorba Linda. In addition to the cities in the Orange County, Amoderm Medspa often provide services to clients from other counties including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside & San Bernardino & other cities and counties in Southern California.
Register for this siteLost your password?
Please enter your username or email address.You will receive a link to create a new password via email.