Botox Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe dynamic wrinkles such as frown lines, worry lines, crow’s feet, neck bands and laugh lines. These are called “dynamic wrinkles” as they occur when the muscles under the skin contract when we frown, smile and laugh.
Aging skin and wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes, collagen depletion, hormone loss, or damage caused by free radicals. The 11s – those vertical lines that appear between your brows – result from muscle contractions. When you concentrate, squint, or frown, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. After years of frequent contraction, those wrinkles can linger even after the muscles are at rest.
Botox® works by temporarily blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This weakens and reduces muscle activity that causes the persistent lines to form and as a result, the wrinkles diminish.
Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows. Lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results can last for up to 4 months. Individual results may vary.
Botox can also be used effectively to ease out and eliminate lines in the lower parts of the face and neck. Botox injection can be used for lines around the mouth (lipstick lines or smoker lines, which are typically resulted from years of bunching lips as if smoking a cigarette or applying lipstick). When performed skillfully, there is often no interface with using mouth muscles for speaking or eating/drinking.
Another usage of Botox is for treatment of lines that appear on the neck following contraction of the neck muscles (usually, the platysma muscle). Following relaxation of platysma muscle, the muscles in the face can lift the skin upward, resulting in tighter skin around the jaw and neck and better-toned and defined jawline. This procedure is also known as the Nefertiti neck lift, borrowing its name from the beautiful ancient Egyptian queen with her well-defined and sharp jawline.
Although the results are visible, a treatment with Botox® will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you’ve “had work done.” The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
Discomfort related to Botox® injection is usually minimal and brief. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Most patients are in and out of the office without downtime following Botox® treatment.
Botox® Cosmetic in Orange County
If you’re developing little lines around your eyes, brows, or on your forehead whenever you look worried, it might not seem like a big concern at first. “Worry lines” or “frown lines” might sound like just that – the outward indication that a person is worried or sad – but don’t let the name deceive you. Actually, lines like these are the result of modern life taking its toll on your face. What’s more, these pesky lines can show even when you are talking or laughing, undermining your youthfulness and natural beauty. Commonly known as dynamic wrinkles, these skin lines and wrinkles occur during our normal facial expressions when facial muscles contracts and fold the nearby skin. Unfortunately, these dynamic lines and wrinkles may turn into permanent (or static) wrinkles if left untreated. Getting Botox in Orange County is a great way to stop the progress of lines like these before they permanently alter your appearance. Dr. Jafari is the Medical Director of Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center in Irvine, the leading medspa for procedures like Botox in Orange County.
Aging is a natural process, but people who opt for Botox injections and other facial fillers like Dysport, Juvederm and Radiesse can have dramatic effects on improving and reversing the effects of aging on your outward appearance. Simply halting the skin on your face from bunching up with Botox is a quick and temporary effective procedure that can reduce the lines on your face that wouldn’t be there if not for the worries and stresses of a career and family in this day and age. If you had been born in another era, the “natural” wrinkles of your face wouldn’t be so pronounced. Undo what modern life has done to your face, and return to how you should look.
Making the lines and wrinkles on your face magically disappear, effectively shaving years of aging with the most natural looking appearance, is not the only magic that Dr. Jafari at Amoderm does with Botox. Many people suffer from an uncomfortable and sometimes even embarrassing condition of excessive sweating in the underarms, palm of hands or sole of feet. Technically known as hyperhidrosis, this annoying condition usually causes distress and discomfort and may even interfere with the social life of individuals, thanks to annoying problems like always wet armpits, sweaty hands and unpleasant odors. While there are several medical conditions that could cause excessive sweating, requiring a complete medical evaluation with endocrinologists and other medical professionals to diagnose and treat any potential underlying cause, when there is no underlying medical reason for hyperhidrosis, Dr. Jafari can skillfully and effectively reduce perspiration and excessive sweating using Botox injections. Utilizing carefully placed injections with very fine needles, Dr. Jafari uses Botox to temporarily block the nerves that activate the sweat glands excessively and unnecessarily. The result is reduced perspiration and a life without the constant hassle and stress of excessive sweating for months.
The clinicians and staff at Amoderm are some of the most caring and compassionate medical professionals offering medical procedures like Botox in Orange County. There’s no overstating Dr. Jafari’s experience in treating facial conditions with Botox injections. Additionally, head scientist at Amoderm, Dr. Javid has an extensive background in related areas such as antiaging skin care products and keeps Amoderm at the forefront of dermatological science. To learn more about Botox treatment, contact Amoderm to schedule an appointment.
Real Results at Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center using Botox for Cosmetic Treatments
DISCLAIMER: Every patient is different. Individual results may vary and no guarantee can be made. We will discuss your treatment(s), expected results, possible risks, costs and alternative options with you during your visit.
NOTICE TO CONSUMERS: Medical doctors are licensed and regulated by the Medical Board of California. (800) 633-2322 - www.mbc.ca.gov
Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center in Irvine is your one-stop clinic for a healthier & rejuvenated look. Visit us for Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero Balance, Bellafill, Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Sculptra, Chemical peels, Microlaser peel, Laser skin resurfacing, Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, IPL Photofacial, Skin tightening, Body sculpting, Cellulite reduction, Radiofrequency treatments, SculpSure fat reduction and body contouring treatments, Venus Freeze, Microdermabrasion, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Spider vein removal, PDO Threadlift, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Facials, Latisse & more!
Visit Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Center, Medspa & Skin Care Clinic today for a healthier & younger you! Conveniently located in heart of Irvine & easily accessible from Orange County major freeways, Amoderm is proud to provide cutting-edge cosmetic & wellness services & premium skin care products designed to provide antiaging, anti-acne, sun protection & other functions vital to healthy & youthful skin. Under direct supervision of Dr. Elham Jafari, MD, a California-licensed, board-certified physician & an experienced aesthetic medicine specialist, Amoderm Medspa is pleased to offer an expansive list of professional medical cosmetic services including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill and Scluptra all injected skillfully by licensed physician and used individually or in combination for liquid facelift. Whenever indicated, we inject fillers using flexible Microcannula (micro-cannula) for better results, less pain and less bruising. Amoderm also offers various customized chemical skin peels, VI peel, Microlaser peel (laser skin resurfacing), IPL (Photofacial), skin tightening using laser and radiofrequency, Microdermabrasion, PDO Threadlift, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Laser vein removal, Spider vein removal, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Venus Freeze, SculpSure Latisse, and anti-aging skin care products. Call us today to schedule your free consultation!
At Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Clinic, our goal is to create a healthy, natural and age-defying look. Our focus is on whole-face rejuvenation using a combination of fillers, neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and various laser and radiofrequency treatment. We offer various medical cosmetic treatments to enhance and accentuate your natural beauty. At Amoderm, we explore all options to rejuvenate, slow down and reverse the aging process using the most advanced, clinically-proven, affordable and safe treatments that are customized to your specific conditions and needs. It's all about you, and what is right for you. The good news is that many things can be done to effectively reverse the aging process without expensive surgeries and alike. Our patients often find it hard to believe what can be achieved in a single visit using a carefully selected combination of botox, dysport and filler injections and lasers. Our emphasis is on whole-face rejuvenation with natural-looking results. Often, years of aging can be undone in just a few minutes.
It's very important for us to have a face-to-face discussion with you to know you better; where you are coming from; what issues you want to address; what your expectations are; and how we can help you best. We also want you to know us better to make sure Amoderm is the right place for you. That's why we always offer complimentary consultations to our patients. When you come to Amoderm, you can be assured that you will be treated with utmost courtesy, honesty and professionalism. We truly care about you, your comfort and your well-being. We know that going to a cosmetic clinic is not necessarily the most pleasant experience, but we do whatever it takes to make it as pleasant and as stress-free, and as comfortable as possible for you. Our services include:
- Botox, Dysport & Xeomin injections to wipe out dynamic wrinkles and more. Botox, Xeomin & Dysport are effective in reducing and removing wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, Botox is FDA-approved for treatment of other conditions such as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), muscle stiffness (spasticity) and migraine headaches, which are also provided at Amoderm. Other cosmetic treatments we provide using Botox, Dysport and Xeomin include jaw slimming and jaw line reshaping, calf slimming, nose reshaping, eyebrow lift, treatment of neck (platisma) bands and more. Say goodbye to the wrinkles, fine lines, crows’ feet, frown lines, worry lines & forehead creases by Botox & Dysport injections & take years away from your face!
- Filler injections (Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill, Restylane & Perlane) to add volume & diminish wrinkles instantly. Dermal fillers are used to create volume under the skin in a fine & skillful procedure that has been likened to sculpting or non-surgical face lift. Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in using various dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Restylane & Perlane to accentuate your natural beauty & defy the effects of aging. Juvederm, Belotero, Voluma, Restylane & Perlane are based on hyaluronic acid, a gel-like substance that is naturally present in skin, contributing to the firmness of young & healthy skin. Dr. Jafari at Amoderm Med Spa can replenish the skin’s lost hyaluronic acid by injection of Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Belotero or Voluma. On the other hand, Radiesse utilizes a calcium-based microsphere technology, which not only provides immediate volume restoration, but it also stimulates the body to produce new collagen, creating much more long-lasting results. Similarly, Sculptra is derived from corn-starch and is highly effective in stimulating body to produce more collagen. Dr. Jafari skillfully injects the dermal fillers into areas such as smile lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, tear trough, nose bridge, cheeks, chin, neck and hands and takes away years of age in a few minutes! Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in techniques such as microcannula injections, which can reduce the bruising associated with the procedure.
- Medical-Grade Customized Chemical Peel including VI Peel and Obagi Blue Peel to create vibrant, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
- MicroLaser peel (Laser skin resurfacing) to rejuvenate the skin, for active acne and acne scar, stretch marks, pigmentation, skin sun damage, scars, and wrinkles.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for deeper laser peels resulting in more effective skin rejuvenation.
- IPL (Photofacial) to stimulate collagen and treat vascular lesions, sun damage, pigmentation, open pores, acne and redness.
- Micro-needling (Microneedling, dermapen, dermaroller) to stimulate collagen, treat superficial scars and improve skin tone and texture.
- Skin tightening to stimulate collagen, increased skin tone and tightness.
- Laser spider vein removal to remove unsightly superficial veins such as the spider veins.
- Medical-grade crystal-free diamond Microdermabrasion to treat superficial hyperpigmentation, photodamage, and fine lines.
- Laser hair removal for a silky-smooth, vibrant and maintenance-free skin.
- Stretch mark removal to effectively reduce the appearance of stubborn striae and stretch marks.
- Toenail fungus Laser treatment to safely, effectively and permanently treat toenail fungus.
- Radiofrequency and Venus Freeze treatments for body contouring, skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, cellulite treatment and size reduction.
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) to rejuvenate face using body's own growth factors (optionally combined with fillers).
- Signature Facials to promote your natural beauty and the health of your skin.
- Wellness program for better health, better management of chronic diseases and weigh adjustment.
- Latisse for fuller beautiful eyelashes
Amoderm Medical Spa is located in Irvine, California. We proudly serve clients from all cities & neighborhoods in the OC including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Crystal Cove, Cypress, Dana Point, Fashion Island, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Pelican Hills, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, South Coast Plaza, Surfside, Tustin, Tustin Legacy, Tustin Ranch, UCI, University Park, Westminster, & Yorba Linda. In addition to the cities in the Orange County, Amoderm Medspa often provide services to clients from other counties including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside & San Bernardino & other cities and counties in Southern California.