At Amoderm, we offer a comprehensive array of peels for restoring youthful and radiant skin, including the Obagi Blue Peel. All chemical peels share the same fundamental mode of action which is based on using the controlled action of acids to exfoliate and remove layers of dead skin and the imperfections such as lines, wrinkles, discolorations and pigmentations with them, enhancing and exposing the underlying youthful and healthy skin.
What sets various chemical peels apart is the specific active acid used as well as the other included agents which could affect the way the peel works and provide additional exfoliation or more comfort. Also who applies the peel – physician or esthetician – plays an important role since the licensed physician can typically use deeper peels for more effective results.
Obagi offers two types of in-office peels:
Obagi Blue Peel
Obagi Blue Peel Radiance
Obagi Blue Peel
Obagi Blue Peel is based on the clinically-proven TCA (trichloroacetic acid) chemical peel system that is applied by physician for the best and safest results. The peel can penetrate as far as the dermis layer of the skin. As the name suggests, Blue Peel incorporates the Obagi proprietary Blue Peel base which works to control the level of penetration and action of the TCA as well as providing your physician with a visual gauge to monitor the uniform and even application of the peel and its penetration with more emphasis as needed on problem areas. The peel itself can be customized by your physician to have varying strength ranging from mild to moderate and stronger based on the skin conditions and desired results. Your doctor will also closely monitor and determine the optimal depth and duration of the peel and the recovery period.
Obagi Blue Peel can be an excellent choice for various common skin problems such as:
Skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation
Skin darkening (bleaching effect)
Scars (including acne scar)
Photoaging and sun damage
Saggy skin (skin tightening)
– What to Expect from Blue Peel
The procedure is typically completed in less than an hour in a single visit. A bluish tint may be noticeable after the procedure which should wash off in 12-24 hours. Blue Peel can be used on the face and neck. Upon application of the Blue Peel, patients may experience a mild burning sensation which typically lasts for a few minutes. The downtime is minimal. Patients may experience some redness and swelling after the procedure. The skin peeling typically starts on the second or third day after the Blue Peel and resolve within 5-7 days and healing is usually completed in 7-10 days. The skin rejuvenation process typically continues in the following weeks. Like most other skin rejuvenation treatments, sun protection is the tenant of post-peel care. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible and make sure to wear (and repeat as needed) sunblock with SPF of 30 or higher and broad-spectrum UV protection. Additionally, for best results and to avoid scarring, it is important not to pick at the peeling skin and continue treating the skin gently while the peeling is underway. Using a mild moisturizer devoid of irritants is recommended.
Obagi Blue Peel provides effective exfoliation and rejuvenates the skin from within to improve the lines and wrinkles, large pores and uneven or increased pigmentations and it helps tighten the skin. The result is typically a tighter and smoother skin, brighter and more radiant complexion and a more youthful and fresh look. Optional skin treatments may be recommended prior or after the Blue Peel to enhance and maximize the results.
Obagi Blue Peel Radiance
Blue Peel Radiance is based on salicylic acid chemical peel system and it is a great option for exfoliating and removing damaged superficial layers of dead skin to achieve fresh, renewed and healthy looking skin with a natural glow and improved complexion.
Blue Peel Radiance can be used for all skin types and it provides a safe and effective treatment for many common skin conditions including:
Wrinkles and fine lines
Skin discoloration and pigmentary changes (photodamage, melasma, etc)
Photoaging and sun damage
– What to Expect from Blue Peel
Blue Peel Radiance is designed to be applied by your physician in the clinic. Blue Peel Radiance is specifically formulated to be gentle on your skin but you may still have mild redness and some peeling in the days following the procedure.
Avoid direct sun exposure following the peel. Use of adequate sun protection (with broad-spectrum SPF of 30 or more) is very important after the peel for at least a week, and you should continue using the sun blocker after that to maintain the healthy and youthfulness of your skin. Your skin may become mildly dry or red and you may experience flaky skin for several days after the peel. It is very important to avoid picking at the peeling skin and allow it to peel on its own pace. Use a mild moisturizer to aid in healing process and avoid the use of products with alpha/beta hydroxy acid, retinols or retinoids for a few days after the peel. You can usually resume your regular skin care routine in about a week after the peel, but you should check with and follow your doctor’s advice.
Blue Peel Radiance provides controlled exfoliation of a superficial layer of skin with little or no downtime. The results are often evident instantly after the procedure and include overall improvement of tone and texture of the skin. Skin often looks much healthier, tighter, smoother and brighter with as few as just one treatment session, and for best results a series of 4-6 peels, each spaced 2-4 weeks apart is recommended.
We will gladly discuss Obagi Blue Peel and other treatment options for radiant, youthful and healthy skin during the complimentary consultation. Call Amoderm today at 949-266-7346 to schedule your consultation!
Real Results at Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center with Chemical Peel Treatment – Obagi Blue Peel
DISCLAIMER: Every patient is different. Individual results may vary and no guarantee can be made. We will discuss your treatment(s), expected results, possible risks, costs and alternative options with you during your visit.
NOTICE TO CONSUMERS: Medical doctors are licensed and regulated by the Medical Board of California. (800) 633-2322 - www.mbc.ca.gov
Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center in Irvine is your one-stop clinic for a healthier & rejuvenated look. Visit us for Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero Balance, Bellafill, Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Sculptra, Chemical peels, Microlaser peel, Laser skin resurfacing, Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, IPL Photofacial, Skin tightening, Body sculpting, Cellulite reduction, Radiofrequency treatments, SculpSure fat reduction and body contouring treatments, Venus Freeze, Microdermabrasion, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Spider vein removal, PDO Threadlift, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Facials, Latisse & more!
Visit Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Center, Medspa & Skin Care Clinic today for a healthier & younger you! Conveniently located in heart of Irvine & easily accessible from Orange County major freeways, Amoderm is proud to provide cutting-edge cosmetic & wellness services & premium skin care products designed to provide antiaging, anti-acne, sun protection & other functions vital to healthy & youthful skin. Under direct supervision of Dr. Elham Jafari, MD, a California-licensed, board-certified physician & an experienced aesthetic medicine specialist, Amoderm Medspa is pleased to offer an expansive list of professional medical cosmetic services including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill and Scluptra all injected skillfully by licensed physician and used individually or in combination for liquid facelift. Whenever indicated, we inject fillers using flexible Microcannula (micro-cannula) for better results, less pain and less bruising. Amoderm also offers various customized chemical skin peels, VI peel, Microlaser peel (laser skin resurfacing), IPL (Photofacial), skin tightening using laser and radiofrequency, Microdermabrasion, PDO Threadlift, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Laser vein removal, Spider vein removal, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Venus Freeze, SculpSure Latisse, and anti-aging skin care products. Call us today to schedule your free consultation!
At Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Clinic, our goal is to create a healthy, natural and age-defying look. Our focus is on whole-face rejuvenation using a combination of fillers, neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and various laser and radiofrequency treatment. We offer various medical cosmetic treatments to enhance and accentuate your natural beauty. At Amoderm, we explore all options to rejuvenate, slow down and reverse the aging process using the most advanced, clinically-proven, affordable and safe treatments that are customized to your specific conditions and needs. It's all about you, and what is right for you. The good news is that many things can be done to effectively reverse the aging process without expensive surgeries and alike. Our patients often find it hard to believe what can be achieved in a single visit using a carefully selected combination of botox, dysport and filler injections and lasers. Our emphasis is on whole-face rejuvenation with natural-looking results. Often, years of aging can be undone in just a few minutes.
It's very important for us to have a face-to-face discussion with you to know you better; where you are coming from; what issues you want to address; what your expectations are; and how we can help you best. We also want you to know us better to make sure Amoderm is the right place for you. That's why we always offer complimentary consultations to our patients. When you come to Amoderm, you can be assured that you will be treated with utmost courtesy, honesty and professionalism. We truly care about you, your comfort and your well-being. We know that going to a cosmetic clinic is not necessarily the most pleasant experience, but we do whatever it takes to make it as pleasant and as stress-free, and as comfortable as possible for you. Our services include:
- Botox, Dysport & Xeomin injections to wipe out dynamic wrinkles and more. Botox, Xeomin & Dysport are effective in reducing and removing wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, Botox is FDA-approved for treatment of other conditions such as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), muscle stiffness (spasticity) and migraine headaches, which are also provided at Amoderm. Other cosmetic treatments we provide using Botox, Dysport and Xeomin include jaw slimming and jaw line reshaping, calf slimming, nose reshaping, eyebrow lift, treatment of neck (platisma) bands and more. Say goodbye to the wrinkles, fine lines, crows’ feet, frown lines, worry lines & forehead creases by Botox & Dysport injections & take years away from your face!
- Filler injections (Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill, Restylane & Perlane) to add volume & diminish wrinkles instantly. Dermal fillers are used to create volume under the skin in a fine & skillful procedure that has been likened to sculpting or non-surgical face lift. Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in using various dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Restylane & Perlane to accentuate your natural beauty & defy the effects of aging. Juvederm, Belotero, Voluma, Restylane & Perlane are based on hyaluronic acid, a gel-like substance that is naturally present in skin, contributing to the firmness of young & healthy skin. Dr. Jafari at Amoderm Med Spa can replenish the skin’s lost hyaluronic acid by injection of Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Belotero or Voluma. On the other hand, Radiesse utilizes a calcium-based microsphere technology, which not only provides immediate volume restoration, but it also stimulates the body to produce new collagen, creating much more long-lasting results. Similarly, Sculptra is derived from corn-starch and is highly effective in stimulating body to produce more collagen. Dr. Jafari skillfully injects the dermal fillers into areas such as smile lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, tear trough, nose bridge, cheeks, chin, neck and hands and takes away years of age in a few minutes! Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in techniques such as microcannula injections, which can reduce the bruising associated with the procedure.
- Medical-Grade Customized Chemical Peel including VI Peel and Obagi Blue Peel to create vibrant, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
- MicroLaser peel (Laser skin resurfacing) to rejuvenate the skin, for active acne and acne scar, stretch marks, pigmentation, skin sun damage, scars, and wrinkles.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for deeper laser peels resulting in more effective skin rejuvenation.
- IPL (Photofacial) to stimulate collagen and treat vascular lesions, sun damage, pigmentation, open pores, acne and redness.
- Micro-needling (Microneedling, dermapen, dermaroller) to stimulate collagen, treat superficial scars and improve skin tone and texture.
- Skin tightening to stimulate collagen, increased skin tone and tightness.
- Laser spider vein removal to remove unsightly superficial veins such as the spider veins.
- Medical-grade crystal-free diamond Microdermabrasion to treat superficial hyperpigmentation, photodamage, and fine lines.
- Laser hair removal for a silky-smooth, vibrant and maintenance-free skin.
- Stretch mark removal to effectively reduce the appearance of stubborn striae and stretch marks.
- Toenail fungus Laser treatment to safely, effectively and permanently treat toenail fungus.
- Radiofrequency and Venus Freeze treatments for body contouring, skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, cellulite treatment and size reduction.
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) to rejuvenate face using body's own growth factors (optionally combined with fillers).
- Signature Facials to promote your natural beauty and the health of your skin.
- Wellness program for better health, better management of chronic diseases and weigh adjustment.
- Latisse for fuller beautiful eyelashes
Amoderm Medical Spa is located in Irvine, California. We proudly serve clients from all cities & neighborhoods in the OC including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Crystal Cove, Cypress, Dana Point, Fashion Island, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Pelican Hills, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, South Coast Plaza, Surfside, Tustin, Tustin Legacy, Tustin Ranch, UCI, University Park, Westminster, & Yorba Linda. In addition to the cities in the Orange County, Amoderm Medspa often provide services to clients from other counties including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside & San Bernardino & other cities and counties in Southern California.