CO2 Laser is one of the most powerful and effective lasers for skin rejuvenation and skin resurfacing. CO2 laser is known by many brand names such as Cortex , Fraxel, Fractional, ProFractional, eMax/eLaser Matrix, Pixel CO2, SmartXide, UltraPulse, Affirm CO2, eCO2 and more. During treatment with Fractional CO2 laser, tiny yet powerful laser beams penetrate skin in tightly controlled patterns with precise depth and width, stimulating body healing process and leading to substantial rejuvenation of the skin.
Fractional CO2 laser is used to treat various common skin conditions, including:
Sun-damaged skin and photo-aging
Skin texture and tone irregularities
Changes of skin pigmentation (hyperpigmented or hypopigmented skin)
Skin blotchiness and age spots
Skin scars including acne scar
Melasma (in lighter skin types)
Skin wrinkles, grooves and rhytids
Skin ablation and resurfacing
How Does Fractional CO2 Laser Work?
During Fractional CO2 laser treatment, laser is used to deliver therapeutic heat into skin in a controlled manner. Tiny beams of laser with precise width and depth are delivered at calculated intervals. Each beam of laser works its way by ablating a tiny column of tissue, leaving intact areas of skin in-between the beams.
These localized areas of ablation and the delivered heat activate the inherent healing capacity of the skin, spearheaded by fibroblasts, that stimulates the production of new collagen and elastin fibers and rearrangement and realignment of existing collagen. The new and newly arranged collagen reduces lines, grooves and wrinkles, tightens the skin, and improves the skin tone, texture and color.
Who Is the Right Candidate for Fractional CO2 Laser?
Selection of the right patients and having right understanding of the treatment and realistic expectations of the treatment results are key to successful Fractional CO2 laser. At Amoderm, we invite all patients interested in performing CO2 laser to come in for a complimentary consultation during which we carefully examine your skin and discuss your health and skin conditions and the endpoints you would like to achieve. In general, Fractional CO2 laser is best for patients with lighter skin types (Skin Type I-III), but it can also be performed on patients with darker skin tones (Skin Type IV) with optional pre-treatment application of skin bleaching creams.
Are There Patients Who Should Not Be Treated with Fractional CO2 Laser?
Like any other medical treatment, Fractional CO2 laser is not right for everyone. Examples include (but at not limited to) patients who are pregnant or nursing, patients with poor general health status such as those with severe uncontrolled diabetes, patients with weakened skin (e.g. due to recent radiotherapy, deep peels or burn scars), patients taking certain drugs and medications such as Acutane, patients with certain medical conditions such as chronic immunodeficiency or autoimmune diseases, patients with history of bleeding disorders or those taking anticoagulants.
It is also important to remember that as aging is a continuous process occurring over years, anti-aging treatments also require time, patience and commitment to achieve satisfactory results. At Amoderm, we work closely with our patients to know their concerns and make sure their expectations are aligned with what can be expected from Fractional CO2 laser treatments. Adhering to pre- and post-care instructions is also critical to achieving best results and avoiding complications.
Is the Treatment Painful?
Pain is a subjective matter and different people may respond differently. At Amoderm, we generally use topical medical-grade numbing and anesthetic creams to maximize patient comfort during the laser treatment.
What Is Expected after CO2 Laser?
The exact course of events depends on many factors such as the skin condition and treatment intensity parameters such as depth and energy of the laser and individual results may vary. Here is a typical course of events following Fractional CO2 Laser treatment:
Day 1 – Treated area will have a sunburned look with tight feeling
Day 2 – Treated skin usually gets darker and a bronzing effect may appear
Day 3 – The treated skin will begin to peel and may become mildly itchy
Day 5 – Peeling of the treated skin should be almost complete, and you can start wearing makeup if needed (preferably mineral makeup only)
Day 7 – The skin is generally back to its normal baseline, but you may still have some residual redness and erythema
Day 9-10 – By this time, the redness should be mostly resolved
During the days following the laser treatment, it is important to closely follow the post-case instructions that will be given to you.
Following Fractional CO2 laser as your body’s inherent healing process is activated, regeneration and realignment of collagen usually occur over the next 60-90 days. Hence additional treatments are usually recommended to be spaced 90-180 days later.
Can Fractional CO2 Laser Be Used for Asian Skin Types?
Asian skin types are usually classified as skin type IV and require additional caution for best results and minimizing side effects (including pigmentation changes). At Amoderm, we specialize in treatment of these skin types. The recommended course of treatment usually include preparatory treatment with our customized medical-grade bleaching cream (Amoderm Bright & Tight) in the weeks before the laser treatment. Drinking adequate water and being well hydrated on the day of laser treatment is very important. You Amoderm clinician will carefully selected the laser treatment settings to maximize results while minimizing the risk of complications.
What is the Difference between Fractional CO2 and Erbium Laser Skin Resurfacing?
At Amoderm, we offer both Fractional CO2 laser and Erbium Laser Skin Resurfacing (MicroLaser Peel). Both are excellent choices for skin rejuvenation and treatment of many common skin problems. The laser energy in Fractional CO2 laser is usually higher and penetrates deeper and hence the effects can be more pronounced (so is the downtime). Additionally, the laser energy used in Erbium Skin Resurfacing is delivered uniformly to the skin, removing a superficial layer of the skin, while the laser in Fractional treatment is delivered in tiny beams covering a fraction of the skin surface (hence the name) and penetrating deeper into the skin.
In general, Fractional CO2 is used for treatment of skin aging, photo-aging, sun-damaged skin, lines and wrinkles, large pores, acne scars, irregular skin texture and melasma. Erbium Laser Skin Resurfacing is generally used for treatment of skin aging, skin discolorations and pigmentation changes (Actinic Dyschromias), photo-aging and sun-damaged skin, lines and wrinkles, large pores, irregular skin texture and sallow skin color in addition to other conditions.
As can be seen, there are some overlaps between the conditions treated by these two methods, and they can be viewed as complementing each other. At Amoderm, we can combine Erbium Laser Skin Resurfacing and Fractional CO2 Laser treatments together to address various skin problems at superficial and deeper skin levels. These and other treatment options will be discussed with you during the complimentary consultation to make sure you chose the treatments best suited to your specific needs.
What Is the Difference between Fractional CO2 Laser and Microneedling?
Micro-needling is another excellent anti-ageing treatment choice. During both procedures, tiny channels are introduced into the skin at controlled depth and intervals, spaced with untreated skin in-between. This is done by mechanical action of small needles in Microneedling, or laser beams in Fractional laser treatment. However, the generated heat during Fractional laser treatment will coagulate and stop bleeding, which can allow your clinician to deliver higher levels of therapeutic energy. As a result, Fractional CO2 laser can be a more effective treatment, but it can also have a longer downtime and healing period. These and other treatment options will be discussed with you during complimentary consultation.
What Is the Difference between Various CO2 Lasers?
As previously indicated, CO2 laser is known by many brand names such as Cortex , Fraxel, Fractional, ProFractional, eMax/eLaser Matrix, Pixel CO2, SmartXide, UltraPulse, Affirm CO2, eCO2 and more. To be legally marketed in the U.S., all these devices must be thoroughly tested and verified to be safe and effective and be approved (cleared) by the FDA. Clinical studies are performed to show that each device is equivalent to others and capable of providing the intended treatment and results. All these devices share the common source and type of laser – carbon dioxide laser – and are capable of providing effective skin rejuvenation. At Amoderm, we only use FDA-approved (cleared) medical CO2 lasers for your treatment.
Real Results at Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center with Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment
DISCLAIMER: Every patient is different. Individual results may vary and no guarantee can be made. We will discuss your treatment(s), expected results, possible risks, costs and alternative options with you during your visit.
NOTICE TO CONSUMERS: Medical doctors are licensed and regulated by the Medical Board of California. (800) 633-2322 - www.mbc.ca.gov
Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center in Irvine is your one-stop clinic for a healthier & rejuvenated look. Visit us for Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero Balance, Bellafill, Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Sculptra, Chemical peels, Microlaser peel, Laser skin resurfacing, Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, IPL Photofacial, Skin tightening, Body sculpting, Cellulite reduction, Radiofrequency treatments, SculpSure fat reduction and body contouring treatments, Venus Freeze, Microdermabrasion, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Spider vein removal, PDO Threadlift, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Facials, Latisse & more!
Visit Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Center, Medspa & Skin Care Clinic today for a healthier & younger you! Conveniently located in heart of Irvine & easily accessible from Orange County major freeways, Amoderm is proud to provide cutting-edge cosmetic & wellness services & premium skin care products designed to provide antiaging, anti-acne, sun protection & other functions vital to healthy & youthful skin. Under direct supervision of Dr. Elham Jafari, MD, a California-licensed, board-certified physician & an experienced aesthetic medicine specialist, Amoderm Medspa is pleased to offer an expansive list of professional medical cosmetic services including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill and Scluptra all injected skillfully by licensed physician and used individually or in combination for liquid facelift. Whenever indicated, we inject fillers using flexible Microcannula (micro-cannula) for better results, less pain and less bruising. Amoderm also offers various customized chemical skin peels, VI peel, Microlaser peel (laser skin resurfacing), IPL (Photofacial), skin tightening using laser and radiofrequency, Microdermabrasion, PDO Threadlift, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Laser vein removal, Spider vein removal, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Venus Freeze, SculpSure Latisse, and anti-aging skin care products. Call us today to schedule your free consultation!
At Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Clinic, our goal is to create a healthy, natural and age-defying look. Our focus is on whole-face rejuvenation using a combination of fillers, neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and various laser and radiofrequency treatment. We offer various medical cosmetic treatments to enhance and accentuate your natural beauty. At Amoderm, we explore all options to rejuvenate, slow down and reverse the aging process using the most advanced, clinically-proven, affordable and safe treatments that are customized to your specific conditions and needs. It's all about you, and what is right for you. The good news is that many things can be done to effectively reverse the aging process without expensive surgeries and alike. Our patients often find it hard to believe what can be achieved in a single visit using a carefully selected combination of botox, dysport and filler injections and lasers. Our emphasis is on whole-face rejuvenation with natural-looking results. Often, years of aging can be undone in just a few minutes.
It's very important for us to have a face-to-face discussion with you to know you better; where you are coming from; what issues you want to address; what your expectations are; and how we can help you best. We also want you to know us better to make sure Amoderm is the right place for you. That's why we always offer complimentary consultations to our patients. When you come to Amoderm, you can be assured that you will be treated with utmost courtesy, honesty and professionalism. We truly care about you, your comfort and your well-being. We know that going to a cosmetic clinic is not necessarily the most pleasant experience, but we do whatever it takes to make it as pleasant and as stress-free, and as comfortable as possible for you. Our services include:
- Botox, Dysport & Xeomin injections to wipe out dynamic wrinkles and more. Botox, Xeomin & Dysport are effective in reducing and removing wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, Botox is FDA-approved for treatment of other conditions such as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), muscle stiffness (spasticity) and migraine headaches, which are also provided at Amoderm. Other cosmetic treatments we provide using Botox, Dysport and Xeomin include jaw slimming and jaw line reshaping, calf slimming, nose reshaping, eyebrow lift, treatment of neck (platisma) bands and more. Say goodbye to the wrinkles, fine lines, crows’ feet, frown lines, worry lines & forehead creases by Botox & Dysport injections & take years away from your face!
- Filler injections (Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill, Restylane & Perlane) to add volume & diminish wrinkles instantly. Dermal fillers are used to create volume under the skin in a fine & skillful procedure that has been likened to sculpting or non-surgical face lift. Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in using various dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Restylane & Perlane to accentuate your natural beauty & defy the effects of aging. Juvederm, Belotero, Voluma, Restylane & Perlane are based on hyaluronic acid, a gel-like substance that is naturally present in skin, contributing to the firmness of young & healthy skin. Dr. Jafari at Amoderm Med Spa can replenish the skin’s lost hyaluronic acid by injection of Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Belotero or Voluma. On the other hand, Radiesse utilizes a calcium-based microsphere technology, which not only provides immediate volume restoration, but it also stimulates the body to produce new collagen, creating much more long-lasting results. Similarly, Sculptra is derived from corn-starch and is highly effective in stimulating body to produce more collagen. Dr. Jafari skillfully injects the dermal fillers into areas such as smile lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, tear trough, nose bridge, cheeks, chin, neck and hands and takes away years of age in a few minutes! Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in techniques such as microcannula injections, which can reduce the bruising associated with the procedure.
- Medical-Grade Customized Chemical Peel including VI Peel and Obagi Blue Peel to create vibrant, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
- MicroLaser peel (Laser skin resurfacing) to rejuvenate the skin, for active acne and acne scar, stretch marks, pigmentation, skin sun damage, scars, and wrinkles.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for deeper laser peels resulting in more effective skin rejuvenation.
- IPL (Photofacial) to stimulate collagen and treat vascular lesions, sun damage, pigmentation, open pores, acne and redness.
- Micro-needling (Microneedling, dermapen, dermaroller) to stimulate collagen, treat superficial scars and improve skin tone and texture.
- Skin tightening to stimulate collagen, increased skin tone and tightness.
- Laser spider vein removal to remove unsightly superficial veins such as the spider veins.
- Medical-grade crystal-free diamond Microdermabrasion to treat superficial hyperpigmentation, photodamage, and fine lines.
- Laser hair removal for a silky-smooth, vibrant and maintenance-free skin.
- Stretch mark removal to effectively reduce the appearance of stubborn striae and stretch marks.
- Toenail fungus Laser treatment to safely, effectively and permanently treat toenail fungus.
- Radiofrequency and Venus Freeze treatments for body contouring, skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, cellulite treatment and size reduction.
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) to rejuvenate face using body's own growth factors (optionally combined with fillers).
- Signature Facials to promote your natural beauty and the health of your skin.
- Wellness program for better health, better management of chronic diseases and weigh adjustment.
- Latisse for fuller beautiful eyelashes
Amoderm Medical Spa is located in Irvine, California. We proudly serve clients from all cities & neighborhoods in the OC including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Crystal Cove, Cypress, Dana Point, Fashion Island, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Pelican Hills, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, South Coast Plaza, Surfside, Tustin, Tustin Legacy, Tustin Ranch, UCI, University Park, Westminster, & Yorba Linda. In addition to the cities in the Orange County, Amoderm Medspa often provide services to clients from other counties including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside & San Bernardino & other cities and counties in Southern California.