Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Photofacial (AKA fotofacial) is a low risk, non-surgical procedure with clinically significant results. It can rejuvenate your skin and make you feel years younger by reversing the negative impact of aging and damages done to the skin from years of exposure to the sun and other harmful factors. IPL also addresses and treats various other skin conditions and help you achieve a healthy skin free of blemishes and spots.
IPL Photofacial stimulates collagen production in skin and can be used to achieve various treatment results, including:
Skin rejuvenation of face, neck, hands and other body area
Treatment and reduction of acne (including inflammatory acne) for all ages
Treatment and reduction of vascular lesions such as unsightly superficial blood vessels, broken capillaries, rosacea, etc.
Treatment of sun-damaged skin
Treatments of redness of skin, pigmentation, open/large pores, age spots, and wrinkles in various areas of the body
The procedure is safe and efficacious. It is clinically shown to be effective and it has no down-time!
How IPL Works?
The IPL Fotofacial treatment uses a specific pulsed light that penetrates deep into the skin and helps the production of new collagen and other connective tissues, needed for youthful and healthy looking skin.
White light is a mixture of various colors and lights with different wave lengths. Each individual color and wave length within the spectrum can affect different cells and different cellular structures of the skin in different ways. At Amoderm in Orange County, we use advanced medical IPL photofacial machines capable of capturing and refining broadband light by utilizing filters to purify the energy output for targeting specific chromophores and pigments in the skin. Non-ablative and gentle by nature, the light from our IPL machine will penetrate the outer layers of skin to be absorbed by the target cells in the inner layers of the skin. Depending on the treatment settings and specific treatment heads used by your clinician, the IPL light beam can affect and treat many conditions, such as:
Aged and Damaged Skin: The 530nm light beam of IPL activates collagen remodeling to halt and reverse the effects and signs of aging and reverse the damage done by sun light, resulting in effective skin rejuvenation. Around 6 treatment sessions are recommended for best results.
Vascular and Pigmented Lesions: The 510nm light beam of IPL targets and breaks up several different kinds of pigmentations and vascular problems in the skin, resulting in effective treatment of excessive local pigmentations and vascular lesions. Between 1 to 3 treatment sessions are usually recommended.
Active Acne: The 450nm light beam targets and kills the acne-causing bacteria trapped inside the skin pores and helps in draining the pores, treating and reducing acne. Typically 4-6 treatment sessions are recommended for best results.
Once the IPL treatment is done, the body’s own immune system will cleanse the treated site and complete the treatment process, causing a noticeable healthy outcome to the overall look and feel of the skin. The result is a rejuvenated and smooth skin. Photofacial is safe for the face, hands, or any other body area.
The rejuvenation process starts from the very first session with the results often noticeable within 5 days, but patients usually need a few sessions (3 to 8, depending on the treatment area and skin condition) for the best results. The IPL Photofacial at Amoderm is provided using state-of-art equipments which meet the highest standards of the industry. Unlike some other IPL machines whose light beam is absorbed largely by the superficial dead layers of the skin and causes significant flaking, our IPL therapeutic light beam reaches deep into the skin and affects cells responsible for making collagen, pigments and other components of the skin. As the result, superficial flaking of the skin will often be minimal, while the skin is stimulated to produce collagen and become healthier and younger-looking with longer-lasting results.
What do IPL treatments feel like?
Treatment sensations vary but most patients say they feel a slight sting, like the snapping of a small rubber band on their skin. Numbing cream is offered for more comfort if desired.
How much time will my treatment take?
IPL Photofacial treatment session times vary depending on the size of the treatment area and the specific skin conditions. Generally, most treatments take about 15 – 20 minutes.
Who does the IPL treatments at Amoderm?
At Amoderm Medical Center, all IPL Photofacial treatments are done by our experiences and licensed Registered Nurses under the direct supervision of Licensed Physician.
How do I need to prepare for my IPL treatment?
Each situation is different but standard protocol is to avoid sun exposure and/or sunless tanning sessions for several weeks before the treatment. Also, on the day of your appointment, you should not apply lotion to the treatment area.
Will there be any side effects?
IPL Fotofacial is generally very safe. Immediately after the IPL procedure, the treated area might be slightly red and swollen or tender to the touch. These post-treatment responses will quickly subside allowing you to return to normal daily activities right away. There is no down time.
How will I take care of my skin after the treatment?
The most important care you can give yourself is to protect the treated area from sun exposure. If the treated area is exposed without suitable protection, it may initiate a slow healing process or cause pigmentation problems. Additional instructions will be given to you by your clinician at Amoderm on during your treatment session to ensure the best results.
DISCLAIMER: Every patient is different. Individual results may vary and no guarantee can be made. We will discuss your treatment(s), expected results, possible risks, costs and alternative options with you during your visit.
NOTICE TO CONSUMERS: Medical doctors are licensed and regulated by the Medical Board of California. (800) 633-2322 - www.mbc.ca.gov
Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center in Irvine is your one-stop clinic for a healthier & rejuvenated look. Visit us for Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero Balance, Bellafill, Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Sculptra, Chemical peels, Microlaser peel, Laser skin resurfacing, Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, IPL Photofacial, Skin tightening, Body sculpting, Cellulite reduction, Radiofrequency treatments, SculpSure fat reduction and body contouring treatments, Venus Freeze, Microdermabrasion, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Spider vein removal, PDO Threadlift, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Facials, Latisse & more!
Visit Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Center, Medspa & Skin Care Clinic today for a healthier & younger you! Conveniently located in heart of Irvine & easily accessible from Orange County major freeways, Amoderm is proud to provide cutting-edge cosmetic & wellness services & premium skin care products designed to provide antiaging, anti-acne, sun protection & other functions vital to healthy & youthful skin. Under direct supervision of Dr. Elham Jafari, MD, a California-licensed, board-certified physician & an experienced aesthetic medicine specialist, Amoderm Medspa is pleased to offer an expansive list of professional medical cosmetic services including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill and Scluptra all injected skillfully by licensed physician and used individually or in combination for liquid facelift. Whenever indicated, we inject fillers using flexible Microcannula (micro-cannula) for better results, less pain and less bruising. Amoderm also offers various customized chemical skin peels, VI peel, Microlaser peel (laser skin resurfacing), IPL (Photofacial), skin tightening using laser and radiofrequency, Microdermabrasion, PDO Threadlift, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Laser vein removal, Spider vein removal, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Venus Freeze, SculpSure Latisse, and anti-aging skin care products. Call us today to schedule your free consultation!
At Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Clinic, our goal is to create a healthy, natural and age-defying look. Our focus is on whole-face rejuvenation using a combination of fillers, neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and various laser and radiofrequency treatment. We offer various medical cosmetic treatments to enhance and accentuate your natural beauty. At Amoderm, we explore all options to rejuvenate, slow down and reverse the aging process using the most advanced, clinically-proven, affordable and safe treatments that are customized to your specific conditions and needs. It's all about you, and what is right for you. The good news is that many things can be done to effectively reverse the aging process without expensive surgeries and alike. Our patients often find it hard to believe what can be achieved in a single visit using a carefully selected combination of botox, dysport and filler injections and lasers. Our emphasis is on whole-face rejuvenation with natural-looking results. Often, years of aging can be undone in just a few minutes.
It's very important for us to have a face-to-face discussion with you to know you better; where you are coming from; what issues you want to address; what your expectations are; and how we can help you best. We also want you to know us better to make sure Amoderm is the right place for you. That's why we always offer complimentary consultations to our patients. When you come to Amoderm, you can be assured that you will be treated with utmost courtesy, honesty and professionalism. We truly care about you, your comfort and your well-being. We know that going to a cosmetic clinic is not necessarily the most pleasant experience, but we do whatever it takes to make it as pleasant and as stress-free, and as comfortable as possible for you. Our services include:
- Botox, Dysport & Xeomin injections to wipe out dynamic wrinkles and more. Botox, Xeomin & Dysport are effective in reducing and removing wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, Botox is FDA-approved for treatment of other conditions such as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), muscle stiffness (spasticity) and migraine headaches, which are also provided at Amoderm. Other cosmetic treatments we provide using Botox, Dysport and Xeomin include jaw slimming and jaw line reshaping, calf slimming, nose reshaping, eyebrow lift, treatment of neck (platisma) bands and more. Say goodbye to the wrinkles, fine lines, crows’ feet, frown lines, worry lines & forehead creases by Botox & Dysport injections & take years away from your face!
- Filler injections (Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill, Restylane & Perlane) to add volume & diminish wrinkles instantly. Dermal fillers are used to create volume under the skin in a fine & skillful procedure that has been likened to sculpting or non-surgical face lift. Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in using various dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Restylane & Perlane to accentuate your natural beauty & defy the effects of aging. Juvederm, Belotero, Voluma, Restylane & Perlane are based on hyaluronic acid, a gel-like substance that is naturally present in skin, contributing to the firmness of young & healthy skin. Dr. Jafari at Amoderm Med Spa can replenish the skin’s lost hyaluronic acid by injection of Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Belotero or Voluma. On the other hand, Radiesse utilizes a calcium-based microsphere technology, which not only provides immediate volume restoration, but it also stimulates the body to produce new collagen, creating much more long-lasting results. Similarly, Sculptra is derived from corn-starch and is highly effective in stimulating body to produce more collagen. Dr. Jafari skillfully injects the dermal fillers into areas such as smile lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, tear trough, nose bridge, cheeks, chin, neck and hands and takes away years of age in a few minutes! Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in techniques such as microcannula injections, which can reduce the bruising associated with the procedure.
- Medical-Grade Customized Chemical Peel including VI Peel and Obagi Blue Peel to create vibrant, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
- MicroLaser peel (Laser skin resurfacing) to rejuvenate the skin, for active acne and acne scar, stretch marks, pigmentation, skin sun damage, scars, and wrinkles.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for deeper laser peels resulting in more effective skin rejuvenation.
- IPL (Photofacial) to stimulate collagen and treat vascular lesions, sun damage, pigmentation, open pores, acne and redness.
- Micro-needling (Microneedling, dermapen, dermaroller) to stimulate collagen, treat superficial scars and improve skin tone and texture.
- Skin tightening to stimulate collagen, increased skin tone and tightness.
- Laser spider vein removal to remove unsightly superficial veins such as the spider veins.
- Medical-grade crystal-free diamond Microdermabrasion to treat superficial hyperpigmentation, photodamage, and fine lines.
- Laser hair removal for a silky-smooth, vibrant and maintenance-free skin.
- Stretch mark removal to effectively reduce the appearance of stubborn striae and stretch marks.
- Toenail fungus Laser treatment to safely, effectively and permanently treat toenail fungus.
- Radiofrequency and Venus Freeze treatments for body contouring, skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, cellulite treatment and size reduction.
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) to rejuvenate face using body's own growth factors (optionally combined with fillers).
- Signature Facials to promote your natural beauty and the health of your skin.
- Wellness program for better health, better management of chronic diseases and weigh adjustment.
- Latisse for fuller beautiful eyelashes
Amoderm Medical Spa is located in Irvine, California. We proudly serve clients from all cities & neighborhoods in the OC including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Crystal Cove, Cypress, Dana Point, Fashion Island, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Pelican Hills, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, South Coast Plaza, Surfside, Tustin, Tustin Legacy, Tustin Ranch, UCI, University Park, Westminster, & Yorba Linda. In addition to the cities in the Orange County, Amoderm Medspa often provide services to clients from other counties including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside & San Bernardino & other cities and counties in Southern California.