There are many factors that contribute to skin aging, one of which is a loss of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in skin that keeps the skin hydrated and firm by absorbing and holding on to water molecules between the cells of skin (the intracellular space). As we age, hyaluronic acid is gradually lost from the skin, and as a result, skin develops wrinkles and folds. The good news is you can do something about it. You can use the Restylane family of fillers – Restylane Silk, Perlane, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne – to reveal a younger-looking you.
The Restylane® family of products includes Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane Silk, Restylane Lyft (formerly known as Perlane and Perlane-L), Restylane Defyne and Restylane Refyne. These products can be used individually to add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds). The Restylane® family can also be used in other moderate to severe facial wrinkles such as lipstick lines—the area just below the nose and above the upper lip; the corners of the mouth; and marionette lines—the area that extends downward from the corners of the mouth to the jawline. The Restylane® family of products are made of a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid. Biocompatible with the human body, these products are eventually broken down naturally.
The Restylane® family of products instantly adds volume to help restore youthful contours, so you’ll see results immediately following your treatment. The treatment typically takes around 30 minutes and there is little to no downtime. In a clinical study of nasolabial folds, at least 95% of patients treated with Restylane® continued to see results for up to 18 months after initial treatment when patients returned for a follow-up treatment at 4.5 or nine months. In three clinical studies of 150 patients each, on average 70% of patients maintained improvement for six months after just one Perlane treatment. After your treatment, you might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness. This will normally last less than seven days. If you want a more youthful appearance, but you’re concerned about the potential discomfort from treatment, you can get beautiful results and a more comfortable treatment experience with Restylane-L or Perlane-L. By combining lidocaine with Restylane and Perlane, Restylane-L and Perlane-L help reduce discomfort during and after treatment. In clinical studies evaluating the Restylane® family of products:
72% of patients reported significantly less pain during treatment with Restylane-L vs. Restylane.
95% of patients reported significantly less pain during treatment with Perlane-L vs. Perlane.
Patients continued to experience less discomfort for up to one hour after treatment.
How Does Restylane Work?
Restylane adds volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds). Restylane works immediately by adding volume to smooth away wrinkles. A clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid, Restylane® is specifically formulated to act like your body’s own hyaluronic acid. So, you can use Restylane to visibly reduce moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds for a younger-looking you.
What is the Difference between Restylane and Restylane Silk?
Restylane Silk is a recently FDA-approved filler and it is specifically designed, developed and approved for enhancing the look and beauty of your lips. When injected skillfully by your physician, Restylane Silk is able to enhancement the lips and smooth out the lines and wrinkles around the lips and mouth.
Similar to Restylane, Restylane Silk also contains Hyaluronic acid and is able to restore and replenish the naturally-available (and often, declining) Hyaluronic acid in the lips. What makes Restylane Silk specifically suitable for lip enhancement is its adjusted consistency and gel particle size.
While aging process affects all parts of face and body, the effects of aging can often be more prominent in some areas such as lips. Signs of premature aging in lips area include thinning of lips and volume loss and emergence of vertical lines above the upper lip.
Contact us today and allow your Amoderm experts to recreate your ideal lips and restore your beautiful smile using Restylane Silk!
How Does Perlane (Restylane Lyft) Work?
Just like Restylane, Perlane (Restylane Lyft) adds volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds). Like Restylane, Perlane is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid that is specifically formulated to add fullness like your body’s own hyaluronic acid. What makes Perlane different is the average size of the particles and the depth of injection. On average, the gel particles in Perlane are larger than those in Restylane, which makes Perlane a good choice for wrinkles that benefit from a deeper injection into the skin. In three clinical studies of 150 patients each, on average 70% of patients maintained improvement for six months after just one Perlane treatment.
What About Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne?
Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are next-generation fillers and new additions to Restylane family of dermal fillers. Both these FDA-approved fillers are also based on Hyaluronic acid – the hydrating and volumizing gel that is naturally present in our skin and is lost as our skin ages – but they have been further refined and redesigned to possess special characteristics.
Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are based on XpresHAn Technology™ which makes them more responsive to natural movements in the face as the result of normal facial expressions. These products are designed in a way to offer more flexibility, shifting shape in response to local pressure. This feature allows more natural facial expression for patients who have received Restylane Refyne or Defyne.
Restylane Refyne and Defyne are great choices for softening and reducing laugh lines, marionette lines and nasolabial folds. While preserving a natural look and appearance is an important aspect of your treatment and an experienced physician like Dr. Jafari can greatly help in achieving this goal, use of Restylane Refyne and Defyne can further help to this end given the specific structure of these new fillers.
Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are ideal dermal fillers to support and maintain a more natural facial expression and look, specially in areas of the face where there is normally more movement (e.g. around the mouth). The difference between these two dermal fillers is primarily based on their firmness. Restylane Defyne has firmer consistency, making it more suitable for deeper lines and folds, while Restylane Refyne is less firm and better suited for more superficial injections.
Restylane Refyne and Defyne are also specifically designed to further promote their longevity in the skin. Once injected by your doctor, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne last for up to 12 months, while individual results may vary.
Real Results at Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center with Restylane Treatment
DISCLAIMER: Every patient is different. Individual results may vary and no guarantee can be made. We will discuss your treatment(s), expected results, possible risks, costs and alternative options with you during your visit.
NOTICE TO CONSUMERS: Medical doctors are licensed and regulated by the Medical Board of California. (800) 633-2322 - www.mbc.ca.gov
Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center in Irvine is your one-stop clinic for a healthier & rejuvenated look. Visit us for Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero Balance, Bellafill, Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Sculptra, Chemical peels, Microlaser peel, Laser skin resurfacing, Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, IPL Photofacial, Skin tightening, Body sculpting, Cellulite reduction, Radiofrequency treatments, SculpSure fat reduction and body contouring treatments, Venus Freeze, Microdermabrasion, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Spider vein removal, Sclerotherapy, PDO Threadlift, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Facials, Latisse & more!
Visit Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Center, Medspa & Skin Care Clinic today for a healthier & younger you! Conveniently located in heart of Irvine & easily accessible from Orange County major freeways, Amoderm is proud to provide cutting-edge cosmetic & wellness services & premium skin care products designed to provide antiaging, anti-acne, sun protection & other functions vital to healthy & youthful skin. Under direct supervision of Dr. Elham Jafari, MD, a California-licensed, board-certified physician & an experienced aesthetic medicine specialist, Amoderm Medspa is pleased to offer an expansive list of professional medical cosmetic services including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill and Scluptra all injected skillfully by licensed physician and used individually or in combination for liquid facelift. Whenever indicated, we inject fillers using flexible Microcannula (micro-cannula) for better results, less pain and less bruising. Amoderm also offers various customized chemical skin peels, VI peel, Microlaser peel (laser skin resurfacing), IPL (Photofacial), skin tightening using laser and radiofrequency, Microdermabrasion, PDO Threadlift, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Laser vein removal, Spider vein removal, Sclerotherapy, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Venus Freeze, SculpSure Latisse, and anti-aging skin care products. Call us today to schedule your free consultation!
At Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Clinic, our goal is to create a healthy, natural and age-defying look. Our focus is on whole-face rejuvenation using a combination of fillers, neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and various laser and radiofrequency treatment. We offer various medical cosmetic treatments to enhance and accentuate your natural beauty. At Amoderm, we explore all options to rejuvenate, slow down and reverse the aging process using the most advanced, clinically-proven, affordable and safe treatments that are customized to your specific conditions and needs. It's all about you, and what is right for you. The good news is that many things can be done to effectively reverse the aging process without expensive surgeries and alike. Our patients often find it hard to believe what can be achieved in a single visit using a carefully selected combination of botox, dysport and filler injections and lasers. Our emphasis is on whole-face rejuvenation with natural-looking results. Often, years of aging can be undone in just a few minutes.
It's very important for us to have a face-to-face discussion with you to know you better; where you are coming from; what issues you want to address; what your expectations are; and how we can help you best. We also want you to know us better to make sure Amoderm is the right place for you. That's why we always offer complimentary consultations to our patients. When you come to Amoderm, you can be assured that you will be treated with utmost courtesy, honesty and professionalism. We truly care about you, your comfort and your well-being. We know that going to a cosmetic clinic is not necessarily the most pleasant experience, but we do whatever it takes to make it as pleasant and as stress-free, and as comfortable as possible for you. Our services include:
- Botox, Dysport & Xeomin injections to wipe out dynamic wrinkles and more. Botox, Xeomin & Dysport are effective in reducing and removing wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, Botox is FDA-approved for treatment of other conditions such as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), muscle stiffness (spasticity) and migraine headaches, which are also provided at Amoderm. Other cosmetic treatments we provide using Botox, Dysport and Xeomin include jaw slimming and jaw line reshaping, calf slimming, nose reshaping, eyebrow lift, treatment of neck (platisma) bands and more. Say goodbye to the wrinkles, fine lines, crows’ feet, frown lines, worry lines & forehead creases by Botox & Dysport injections & take years away from your face!
- Filler injections (Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill, Restylane & Perlane) to add volume & diminish wrinkles instantly. Dermal fillers are used to create volume under the skin in a fine & skillful procedure that has been likened to sculpting or non-surgical face lift. Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in using various dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Restylane & Perlane to accentuate your natural beauty & defy the effects of aging. Juvederm, Belotero, Voluma, Restylane & Perlane are based on hyaluronic acid, a gel-like substance that is naturally present in skin, contributing to the firmness of young & healthy skin. Dr. Jafari at Amoderm Med Spa can replenish the skin’s lost hyaluronic acid by injection of Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Belotero or Voluma. On the other hand, Radiesse utilizes a calcium-based microsphere technology, which not only provides immediate volume restoration, but it also stimulates the body to produce new collagen, creating much more long-lasting results. Similarly, Sculptra is derived from corn-starch and is highly effective in stimulating body to produce more collagen. Dr. Jafari skillfully injects the dermal fillers into areas such as smile lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, tear trough, nose bridge, cheeks, chin, neck and hands and takes away years of age in a few minutes! Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in techniques such as microcannula injections, which can reduce the bruising associated with the procedure.
- Medical-Grade Customized Chemical Peel including VI Peel and Obagi Blue Peel to create vibrant, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
- MicroLaser peel (Laser skin resurfacing) to rejuvenate the skin, for active acne and acne scar, stretch marks, pigmentation, skin sun damage, scars, and wrinkles.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for deeper laser peels resulting in more effective skin rejuvenation.
- IPL (Photofacial) to stimulate collagen and treat vascular lesions, sun damage, pigmentation, open pores, acne and redness.
- Micro-needling (Microneedling, dermapen, dermaroller) to stimulate collagen, treat superficial scars and improve skin tone and texture.
- Skin tightening to stimulate collagen, increased skin tone and tightness.
- Laser spider vein removal and Sclerotherapy to remove unsightly superficial veins such as the spider veins.
- Medical-grade crystal-free diamond Microdermabrasion to treat superficial hyperpigmentation, photodamage, and fine lines.
- Laser hair removal for a silky-smooth, vibrant and maintenance-free skin.
- Stretch mark removal to effectively reduce the appearance of stubborn striae and stretch marks.
- Toenail fungus Laser treatment to safely, effectively and permanently treat toenail fungus.
- Radiofrequency and Venus Freeze treatments for body contouring, skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, cellulite treatment and size reduction.
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) to rejuvenate face using body's own growth factors (optionally combined with fillers).
- Signature Facials to promote your natural beauty and the health of your skin.
- Wellness program for better health, better management of chronic diseases and weigh adjustment.
- Latisse for fuller beautiful eyelashes
Amoderm Medical Spa is located in Irvine, California. We proudly serve clients from all cities & neighborhoods in the OC including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Crystal Cove, Cypress, Dana Point, Fashion Island, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Pelican Hills, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, South Coast Plaza, Surfside, Tustin, Tustin Legacy, Tustin Ranch, UCI, University Park, Westminster, & Yorba Linda. In addition to the cities in the Orange County, Amoderm Medspa often provide services to clients from other counties including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside & San Bernardino & other cities and counties in Southern California.