Thread Lift is a non-surgical procedure to tighten and lift the loose and sagging skin and improve the contour of skin in the jaw, jowl line, cheeks and other areas of face and body, using absorbable sterile threads that are placed skillfully by your physician under your skin. The procedure usually takes less than an hour and produces instant results.
If you are tired of the sagging and loose skin in your face, particularly in the lower face area around the jaw or cheeks, but don’t want to undergo surgery for a face lift, you can consider Thread Lift. Thread Lift can produce impressive results at a fraction of cost of face lift, without the painful recovery, risks (including risks of general anesthesia) and long down-time associated with the surgery. At Amoderm, we offer Thread Lift using absorbable PDO threads, and the procedure is performed exclusively by experienced physician.
What Is PDO Thread Lift?
Using PDO threads for Thread Lift has several advantages. PDO stands for polydioxanone, which is a biodegradable and fully absorbable material. PDO has been used for years to make surgical sutures that are safe to be implanted in the body (for example in heart surgery) and are intended to be absorbable. PDO threads are among the safest materials used in making sutures and stitches.
During the PDO Thread Lift, your doctor uses a needle that has been preloaded with the PDO thread and places the thread at carefully selected areas of the face. The threads work by stimulating body the produce new collagen around them, tightening and lifting the skin. Additionally, some types of PDO thread can be gently pulled by your doctor to generate lift in the desired direction.
Following the procedure, the body reacts to the PDO thread by building up new collagen around it as it works to gradually dissolve and aborb it. The body usually fully absorbs the PDO thread in 4 to 6 months without leaving any scar tissues behind. However, the collagen produced during the healing process persists and ensures a lasting lift and rejuvenating effect. While results vary from patient to patient and area to area, they typically last for a year or more.
PDO Thread Lift can be performed at various areas including:
Jawline & Jowl
What Makes PDO Thread Lift Superior to Other Thread Lifts?
Thread Lift has been around and performed for years to achieve immediate rejuvenation and lift without the pain, cost and hassles of surgical face lift. The problem with the other methods of Thread Lift is the type of suture or stitches that are used. Unlike PDO Thread Lift offered at Amoderm, the standard thread lift is commonly performed using non-absorbable stitches which stay in the body for long-time and can cause all kinds of problems down the road.
The stitches used in PDO Thread Lift are biodegradable and absorbed by the body within a few months following the procedure, leaving not much behind. However, the local rejuvenating effect of the PDO threads – newly made collagen – persists as the new collagen is made by the body and it’s no different from the collagen found in the rest of the skin. Think of it as a temporary support to generate lift and stimulate new collagen in the skin, which paves the way for long-lasting results as the new collagen and connective tissue replaces the PDO thread. This approach is preferred to using standard plastic sutures which stay indefinitely in the body and can cause all kinds of issues down the road.
How is PDO Thread Lift Performed?
The PDO Thread Lift is a minimally-invasive non-surgical face lift procedure that is much safer, simpler and easier than regular surgical face lift. The procedure is also referred to as “lunchtime facelift” given that it can be done within an hour.
First we do the consultation to make sure you are a candidate for the procedure. Your doctor examines your face to identify the areas of sagging skin and potential volume loss.
On the day of the procedure, first your doctor applies a topical anesthetic to numb your face. The doctor then enters a special needle under your skin, very similar to the way needles for filler injection are introduced to the skin. This special needle is hollow and carries the PDO thread inside. The doctor moves the needle carefully and slowly until it reaches the desired destination and then release the PDO thread, as she carefully pulls out the needles. The PDO thread is left behind.
What Is the Difference between Various Types of PDO Thread?
PDO threads come in different types and shapes, which allow your doctor to choose the one most appropriate for your specific needs. Some threads are smooth and are primarily placed in the skin to stimulate body to make more collagen. They can be placed in form of a mesh for maximal coverage. The results will emerge gradually as the body works on absorbing the threads and building collagen around them.
Some other PDO threads have tiny barbs that hold the thread in place once it is inserted. Your doctor can pull this type of thread back to lift the tissues. This type of thread is most useful for areas where additional lift is desired in addition to the new collagen stimulation.
Real Results at Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center with Thread Lift Treatment
DISCLAIMER: Every patient is different. Individual results may vary and no guarantee can be made. We will discuss your treatment(s), expected results, possible risks, costs and alternative options with you during your visit.
NOTICE TO CONSUMERS: Medical doctors are licensed and regulated by the Medical Board of California. (800) 633-2322 - www.mbc.ca.gov
Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center in Irvine is your one-stop clinic for a healthier & rejuvenated look. Visit us for Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero Balance, Bellafill, Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Sculptra, Chemical peels, Microlaser peel, Laser skin resurfacing, Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, IPL Photofacial, Skin tightening, Body sculpting, Cellulite reduction, Radiofrequency treatments, SculpSure fat reduction and body contouring treatments, Venus Freeze, Microdermabrasion, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Spider vein removal, Sclerotherapy, PDO Threadlift, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Facials, Latisse & more!
Visit Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Center, Medspa & Skin Care Clinic today for a healthier & younger you! Conveniently located in heart of Irvine & easily accessible from Orange County major freeways, Amoderm is proud to provide cutting-edge cosmetic & wellness services & premium skin care products designed to provide antiaging, anti-acne, sun protection & other functions vital to healthy & youthful skin. Under direct supervision of Dr. Elham Jafari, MD, a California-licensed, board-certified physician & an experienced aesthetic medicine specialist, Amoderm Medspa is pleased to offer an expansive list of professional medical cosmetic services including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill and Scluptra all injected skillfully by licensed physician and used individually or in combination for liquid facelift. Whenever indicated, we inject fillers using flexible Microcannula (micro-cannula) for better results, less pain and less bruising. Amoderm also offers various customized chemical skin peels, VI peel, Microlaser peel (laser skin resurfacing), IPL (Photofacial), skin tightening using laser and radiofrequency, Microdermabrasion, PDO Threadlift, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Laser vein removal, Spider vein removal, Sclerotherapy, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Venus Freeze, SculpSure Latisse, and anti-aging skin care products. Call us today to schedule your free consultation!
At Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Clinic, our goal is to create a healthy, natural and age-defying look. Our focus is on whole-face rejuvenation using a combination of fillers, neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and various laser and radiofrequency treatment. We offer various medical cosmetic treatments to enhance and accentuate your natural beauty. At Amoderm, we explore all options to rejuvenate, slow down and reverse the aging process using the most advanced, clinically-proven, affordable and safe treatments that are customized to your specific conditions and needs. It's all about you, and what is right for you. The good news is that many things can be done to effectively reverse the aging process without expensive surgeries and alike. Our patients often find it hard to believe what can be achieved in a single visit using a carefully selected combination of botox, dysport and filler injections and lasers. Our emphasis is on whole-face rejuvenation with natural-looking results. Often, years of aging can be undone in just a few minutes.
It's very important for us to have a face-to-face discussion with you to know you better; where you are coming from; what issues you want to address; what your expectations are; and how we can help you best. We also want you to know us better to make sure Amoderm is the right place for you. That's why we always offer complimentary consultations to our patients. When you come to Amoderm, you can be assured that you will be treated with utmost courtesy, honesty and professionalism. We truly care about you, your comfort and your well-being. We know that going to a cosmetic clinic is not necessarily the most pleasant experience, but we do whatever it takes to make it as pleasant and as stress-free, and as comfortable as possible for you. Our services include:
- Botox, Dysport & Xeomin injections to wipe out dynamic wrinkles and more. Botox, Xeomin & Dysport are effective in reducing and removing wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, Botox is FDA-approved for treatment of other conditions such as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), muscle stiffness (spasticity) and migraine headaches, which are also provided at Amoderm. Other cosmetic treatments we provide using Botox, Dysport and Xeomin include jaw slimming and jaw line reshaping, calf slimming, nose reshaping, eyebrow lift, treatment of neck (platisma) bands and more. Say goodbye to the wrinkles, fine lines, crows’ feet, frown lines, worry lines & forehead creases by Botox & Dysport injections & take years away from your face!
- Filler injections (Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill, Restylane & Perlane) to add volume & diminish wrinkles instantly. Dermal fillers are used to create volume under the skin in a fine & skillful procedure that has been likened to sculpting or non-surgical face lift. Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in using various dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Restylane & Perlane to accentuate your natural beauty & defy the effects of aging. Juvederm, Belotero, Voluma, Restylane & Perlane are based on hyaluronic acid, a gel-like substance that is naturally present in skin, contributing to the firmness of young & healthy skin. Dr. Jafari at Amoderm Med Spa can replenish the skin’s lost hyaluronic acid by injection of Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Belotero or Voluma. On the other hand, Radiesse utilizes a calcium-based microsphere technology, which not only provides immediate volume restoration, but it also stimulates the body to produce new collagen, creating much more long-lasting results. Similarly, Sculptra is derived from corn-starch and is highly effective in stimulating body to produce more collagen. Dr. Jafari skillfully injects the dermal fillers into areas such as smile lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, tear trough, nose bridge, cheeks, chin, neck and hands and takes away years of age in a few minutes! Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in techniques such as microcannula injections, which can reduce the bruising associated with the procedure.
- Medical-Grade Customized Chemical Peel including VI Peel and Obagi Blue Peel to create vibrant, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
- MicroLaser peel (Laser skin resurfacing) to rejuvenate the skin, for active acne and acne scar, stretch marks, pigmentation, skin sun damage, scars, and wrinkles.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for deeper laser peels resulting in more effective skin rejuvenation.
- IPL (Photofacial) to stimulate collagen and treat vascular lesions, sun damage, pigmentation, open pores, acne and redness.
- Micro-needling (Microneedling, dermapen, dermaroller) to stimulate collagen, treat superficial scars and improve skin tone and texture.
- Skin tightening to stimulate collagen, increased skin tone and tightness.
- Laser spider vein removal and Sclerotherapy to remove unsightly superficial veins such as the spider veins.
- Medical-grade crystal-free diamond Microdermabrasion to treat superficial hyperpigmentation, photodamage, and fine lines.
- Laser hair removal for a silky-smooth, vibrant and maintenance-free skin.
- Stretch mark removal to effectively reduce the appearance of stubborn striae and stretch marks.
- Toenail fungus Laser treatment to safely, effectively and permanently treat toenail fungus.
- Radiofrequency and Venus Freeze treatments for body contouring, skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, cellulite treatment and size reduction.
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) to rejuvenate face using body's own growth factors (optionally combined with fillers).
- Signature Facials to promote your natural beauty and the health of your skin.
- Wellness program for better health, better management of chronic diseases and weigh adjustment.
- Latisse for fuller beautiful eyelashes
Amoderm Medical Spa is located in Irvine, California. We proudly serve clients from all cities & neighborhoods in the OC including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Crystal Cove, Cypress, Dana Point, Fashion Island, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Pelican Hills, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, South Coast Plaza, Surfside, Tustin, Tustin Legacy, Tustin Ranch, UCI, University Park, Westminster, & Yorba Linda. In addition to the cities in the Orange County, Amoderm Medspa often provide services to clients from other counties including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside & San Bernardino & other cities and counties in Southern California.