Stretch Marks or Striae are indented discolored streaks on skin that can appear anywhere on the body, namely the abdomen, flanks, back, hips, buttocks, thighs, arms, underarms, and breasts. They are usually pink, purple or red in the beginning, but their coloring usually become lighter and grayer as time passes, although the usually do not completely fade away.
Stretch Marks are essentially scars formed in the dermis of the skin. Dermis is the middle layer of the skin which is primarily formed of connective tissue and it is rich in collagen, elastin, and other components of extra-cellular matrix that support the skin tightness and make it resilient against being stretched and torn apart. Stretch Marks are caused when the skin undergoes too much stretching during a relatively short period of time, resulting in microscopic tears in the dermis, which are subsequently “repaired” by the scar tissue, leaving behind the visible streaks.
What Causes Stretch Marks?
The conditions causing Stretch Marks are commonly seen in pregnancy as the body (and the skin) is trying to quickly adapt to the growing size of the uterus particularly during the final months of pregnancy, but Stretch Marks can occur in anyone and in the absence of pregnancy. Any conditions associated with rapid stretching of the skin – for example rapid changes in weight – as well as hormonal changes and genetic factors all can result in Stretch Marks or make them worse. It is important to remember that a healthy and firm skin with adequate collagen and elastin support network is often able to demonstrate more resistance against the stretching forces, and hence it can be less prone to develop Stretch Marks. Protecting the skin from environmental damage and improving its health by various rejuvenating treatments can be effective preventive measures.
How Can Stretch Marks Be Treated?
Since the underlying cause of the Stretch Marks lies in the inner layers of the skins and the scar tissues formed there, Stretch Marks can be difficult to treat and remove by conventional methods and skin creams acting on the surface alone. Fortunately, special laser treatments can be very effective in improving the Stretch Marks. Your doctors at Amoderm can provide an effective combination of treatments including Laser Skin Resurfacing, CO2 Fractional Laser and topical creams to stimulate new collagen production and improve the scar tissues at the site of Stretch Marks in addition to improving the color of the skin at the affected sites.
Amoderm offers a complete treatment package for Stretch Mark removal which starts by application of a specifically-formulated prep cream for a few days prior to the laser treatment which prepares the skin for maximum effectiveness of laser treatment. During the treatment sessions, your experienced doctors at Amoderm apply special medical lasers on the Stretch Marks to resurface the skin, improve the color, and stimulate formation of new collagen as part of the healing process which ultimately improve the Stretch Marks. For some patients especially those with excessive fat tissues underneath the skin or those with cellulite, your doctor at Amoderm may also combine radiofrequency and magnetic pulse therapy for additional skin tightening and better results.
Although complete removal of the stretch marks remains a challenge, a series of laser treatments can largely reduce red and white Stretch Marks and improve the texture of the affected skin area, making the Stretch Marks barely noticeable. The best results are usually achieved with a series of 3 sessions of laser treatments, following application of the prescribed creams as instructed by your doctor at Amoderm.
Call us today at 949-266-7346 to make your appointment for free consultation and explore all new and exciting treatment options for Stretch Mark removal.
Real Results at Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center with Stretch Mark Removal Treatment
DISCLAIMER: Every patient is different. Individual results may vary and no guarantee can be made. We will discuss your treatment(s), expected results, possible risks, costs and alternative options with you during your visit.
NOTICE TO CONSUMERS: Medical doctors are licensed and regulated by the Medical Board of California. (800) 633-2322 - www.mbc.ca.gov
Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center in Irvine is your one-stop clinic for a healthier & rejuvenated look. Visit us for Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero Balance, Bellafill, Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Sculptra, Chemical peels, Microlaser peel, Laser skin resurfacing, Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, IPL Photofacial, Skin tightening, Body sculpting, Cellulite reduction, Radiofrequency treatments, SculpSure fat reduction and body contouring treatments, Venus Freeze, Microdermabrasion, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Spider vein removal, PDO Threadlift, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Facials, Latisse & more!
Visit Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Center, Medspa & Skin Care Clinic today for a healthier & younger you! Conveniently located in heart of Irvine & easily accessible from Orange County major freeways, Amoderm is proud to provide cutting-edge cosmetic & wellness services & premium skin care products designed to provide antiaging, anti-acne, sun protection & other functions vital to healthy & youthful skin. Under direct supervision of Dr. Elham Jafari, MD, a California-licensed, board-certified physician & an experienced aesthetic medicine specialist, Amoderm Medspa is pleased to offer an expansive list of professional medical cosmetic services including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill and Scluptra all injected skillfully by licensed physician and used individually or in combination for liquid facelift. Whenever indicated, we inject fillers using flexible Microcannula (micro-cannula) for better results, less pain and less bruising. Amoderm also offers various customized chemical skin peels, VI peel, Microlaser peel (laser skin resurfacing), IPL (Photofacial), skin tightening using laser and radiofrequency, Microdermabrasion, PDO Threadlift, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Laser vein removal, Spider vein removal, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Venus Freeze, SculpSure Latisse, and anti-aging skin care products. Call us today to schedule your free consultation!
At Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Clinic, our goal is to create a healthy, natural and age-defying look. Our focus is on whole-face rejuvenation using a combination of fillers, neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and various laser and radiofrequency treatment. We offer various medical cosmetic treatments to enhance and accentuate your natural beauty. At Amoderm, we explore all options to rejuvenate, slow down and reverse the aging process using the most advanced, clinically-proven, affordable and safe treatments that are customized to your specific conditions and needs. It's all about you, and what is right for you. The good news is that many things can be done to effectively reverse the aging process without expensive surgeries and alike. Our patients often find it hard to believe what can be achieved in a single visit using a carefully selected combination of botox, dysport and filler injections and lasers. Our emphasis is on whole-face rejuvenation with natural-looking results. Often, years of aging can be undone in just a few minutes.
It's very important for us to have a face-to-face discussion with you to know you better; where you are coming from; what issues you want to address; what your expectations are; and how we can help you best. We also want you to know us better to make sure Amoderm is the right place for you. That's why we always offer complimentary consultations to our patients. When you come to Amoderm, you can be assured that you will be treated with utmost courtesy, honesty and professionalism. We truly care about you, your comfort and your well-being. We know that going to a cosmetic clinic is not necessarily the most pleasant experience, but we do whatever it takes to make it as pleasant and as stress-free, and as comfortable as possible for you. Our services include:
- Botox, Dysport & Xeomin injections to wipe out dynamic wrinkles and more. Botox, Xeomin & Dysport are effective in reducing and removing wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, Botox is FDA-approved for treatment of other conditions such as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), muscle stiffness (spasticity) and migraine headaches, which are also provided at Amoderm. Other cosmetic treatments we provide using Botox, Dysport and Xeomin include jaw slimming and jaw line reshaping, calf slimming, nose reshaping, eyebrow lift, treatment of neck (platisma) bands and more. Say goodbye to the wrinkles, fine lines, crows’ feet, frown lines, worry lines & forehead creases by Botox & Dysport injections & take years away from your face!
- Filler injections (Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill, Restylane & Perlane) to add volume & diminish wrinkles instantly. Dermal fillers are used to create volume under the skin in a fine & skillful procedure that has been likened to sculpting or non-surgical face lift. Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in using various dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Restylane & Perlane to accentuate your natural beauty & defy the effects of aging. Juvederm, Belotero, Voluma, Restylane & Perlane are based on hyaluronic acid, a gel-like substance that is naturally present in skin, contributing to the firmness of young & healthy skin. Dr. Jafari at Amoderm Med Spa can replenish the skin’s lost hyaluronic acid by injection of Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Belotero or Voluma. On the other hand, Radiesse utilizes a calcium-based microsphere technology, which not only provides immediate volume restoration, but it also stimulates the body to produce new collagen, creating much more long-lasting results. Similarly, Sculptra is derived from corn-starch and is highly effective in stimulating body to produce more collagen. Dr. Jafari skillfully injects the dermal fillers into areas such as smile lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, tear trough, nose bridge, cheeks, chin, neck and hands and takes away years of age in a few minutes! Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in techniques such as microcannula injections, which can reduce the bruising associated with the procedure.
- Medical-Grade Customized Chemical Peel including VI Peel and Obagi Blue Peel to create vibrant, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
- MicroLaser peel (Laser skin resurfacing) to rejuvenate the skin, for active acne and acne scar, stretch marks, pigmentation, skin sun damage, scars, and wrinkles.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for deeper laser peels resulting in more effective skin rejuvenation.
- IPL (Photofacial) to stimulate collagen and treat vascular lesions, sun damage, pigmentation, open pores, acne and redness.
- Micro-needling (Microneedling, dermapen, dermaroller) to stimulate collagen, treat superficial scars and improve skin tone and texture.
- Skin tightening to stimulate collagen, increased skin tone and tightness.
- Laser spider vein removal to remove unsightly superficial veins such as the spider veins.
- Medical-grade crystal-free diamond Microdermabrasion to treat superficial hyperpigmentation, photodamage, and fine lines.
- Laser hair removal for a silky-smooth, vibrant and maintenance-free skin.
- Stretch mark removal to effectively reduce the appearance of stubborn striae and stretch marks.
- Toenail fungus Laser treatment to safely, effectively and permanently treat toenail fungus.
- Radiofrequency and Venus Freeze treatments for body contouring, skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, cellulite treatment and size reduction.
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) to rejuvenate face using body's own growth factors (optionally combined with fillers).
- Signature Facials to promote your natural beauty and the health of your skin.
- Wellness program for better health, better management of chronic diseases and weigh adjustment.
- Latisse for fuller beautiful eyelashes
Amoderm Medical Spa is located in Irvine, California. We proudly serve clients from all cities & neighborhoods in the OC including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Crystal Cove, Cypress, Dana Point, Fashion Island, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Pelican Hills, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, South Coast Plaza, Surfside, Tustin, Tustin Legacy, Tustin Ranch, UCI, University Park, Westminster, & Yorba Linda. In addition to the cities in the Orange County, Amoderm Medspa often provide services to clients from other counties including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside & San Bernardino & other cities and counties in Southern California.