Recently, the important role of volume loss in aging process has been increasingly recognized, and cosmetic surgeons have been revising and refining facelift procedures to focus more on volume restoration. Nonetheless, we believe there are things that simply cannot be done by the surgical blade alone!
A look at the changes that occur in face as we age can show the importance of volume loss and volume restoration. Here are the key changes of aging:
These are the defining changes of aging and many of them are resulted from progressive volume lost. Simply put, even the most skillfully-done facelift surgery cannot address many of these issues. The effective treatment is volume restoration, which can be done best with dermal fillers, as part of a “liquid facelift” (also known as non-surgical facelift, injection facelift, whole-face rejuvenation or “lunch-time facelift” as it can be done within an hour with no down-time).
Liquid facelift or whole-face rejuvenation is a procedure during which your physician uses a combination of cosmetic injections to fight off lines, folds and wrinkles and carefully restore the lost volume in your face. The treatments commonly used in liquid facelift include:
The key is to use a combination of these treatments as they each address one or some aspect of aging. Dermal fillers are among the most effective treatments as they directly address the key underlying cause of aging and aged look – volume loss. Your doctor can use dermal fillers to locally restore the lost volume and generate a pull on the skin on other areas (akin to a lift generated during a surgical facelift). Areas most commonly treated include cheeks, jowls, temples, under the eyes and nasolabial folds. It is important to remember that many sensitive and critical structures such as nerves and blood vessels pass through many of these areas and these injections should be done by the most-experienced physicians with great skills and deep understanding of the anatomical features of the face.
Your doctor can choose the right type of filler for the area being treated and the results that are expected. Many of the fillers are based on hyaluronic acid – a naturally-occurring gel in the skin that is responsible for keeping water in the skin, thereby keeping is hydrated, plump, fresh and rejuvenated. You might have noticed the sunken eyes of severely dehydrated people. As we age, we loose hyaluronic acid in our skin – including the skin around the eyes – and a similar appearance of sunken eye (dark circles around the eyes) emerges. For some other people, this change appears primarily as bags under the eyes, since volume loss under the eyes disrupts the smooth and seamless transition from under the eyes to the cheeks and lost volume in one area make the adjacent area look like a bulging bag. Your doctor can effectively treat this condition with skillful injection of fillers in the area. Some fillers such as Juvederm, Belotero and Restylane last upto one year, while others such as Voluma, Bellafill, Radiesse and Restylane last much longer.
Botox, Dysport and Xeomin can be used to relax muscles and relieve the pull and contraction from the adjacent skin. This will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and more importantly, slow or stop the progression from finer and dynamic lines into deeper and static (permanent) lines and folds in many areas such as forehead, between eyebrows, around the eyes (crows feet), around the mouth and on the neck (platismal bands).
PDO threads are absorbable threads similar to stitches used in surgical sutures. Your doctor can place them under your skin to generate pull and lift the skin in desired directions (Tread lift). The threads themselves are gradually absorbed by the body and in the process, activates new collagen production for additional rejuvenating effects.
While the primary focus in Liquid Facelift is on use of cosmetic injections, your doctor can use a combination of various lasers such as Erbium and Fractional CO2 lasers to resurface the skin, remove fine lines, and further tighten the skin. Radiofrequency treatments such as Venus Freeze are also great FDA-approved treatments for further tightening the skin and stimulating new collagen production in the skin.
As can be seen here, many treatments offered as part of a liquid facelift procedure address problems that cannot be fully treated by surgical facelift. One the other hand, excessively sagging and loose skin in face (specially areas like eyelids) is best treated with surgery. Unlike the popular belief, surgical facelift is not an alternative to liquid facelift, and these procedures each can address certain aspects of aging. It is important to consult an experienced cosmetic doctor to determine if a patient is candidate for one or other procedure (or maybe even both procedures).
Despite this important distinction, it is not uncommon to see a number of misconceptions about surgical facelift versus dermal fillers and liquid facelift. Here are a few commonly heard examples:
Unfortunately, these and similar statements are often incorrect. A surgical facelift is not a fix-it-all magic bullet that will take care of everything. Most importantly, it does little to address the key underlying issue of aging, which is the volume loss. To restore volume and treat common conditions such as hollow and dark circles under the eyes, collapsed temples and sagging cheeks and jowls, nothing comes close to dermal fillers and no amount of surgical pulling of the skin can fix the problems. We believe that surgical facelift has great value in selected patients with sagging skin, but for a far greater number of patients, your doctor can achieve better results with a combination of fillers, Botox, PDO threads (and lasers) in a liquid facelift procedure.
DISCLAIMER: Every patient is different. Individual results may vary and no guarantee can be made. We will discuss your treatment(s), expected results, possible risks, costs and alternative options with you during your visit.
NOTICE TO CONSUMERS: Medical doctors are licensed and regulated by the Medical Board of California. (800) 633-2322 - www.mbc.ca.gov
Amoderm Cosmetic and Wellness Medical Center in Irvine is your one-stop clinic for a healthier & rejuvenated look. Visit us for Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero Balance, Bellafill, Juvederm Voluma, Juvederm Volbella, Sculptra, Chemical peels, Microlaser peel, Laser skin resurfacing, Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, IPL Photofacial, Skin tightening, Body sculpting, Cellulite reduction, Radiofrequency treatments, SculpSure fat reduction and body contouring treatments, Venus Freeze, Microdermabrasion, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Spider vein removal, Sclerotherapy, PDO Threadlift, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Facials, Latisse & more!
Visit Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Center, Medspa & Skin Care Clinic today for a healthier & younger you! Conveniently located in heart of Irvine & easily accessible from Orange County major freeways, Amoderm is proud to provide cutting-edge cosmetic & wellness services & premium skin care products designed to provide antiaging, anti-acne, sun protection & other functions vital to healthy & youthful skin. Under direct supervision of Dr. Elham Jafari, MD, a California-licensed, board-certified physician & an experienced aesthetic medicine specialist, Amoderm Medspa is pleased to offer an expansive list of professional medical cosmetic services including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Kybella, Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill and Scluptra all injected skillfully by licensed physician and used individually or in combination for liquid facelift. Whenever indicated, we inject fillers using flexible Microcannula (micro-cannula) for better results, less pain and less bruising. Amoderm also offers various customized chemical skin peels, VI peel, Microlaser peel (laser skin resurfacing), IPL (Photofacial), skin tightening using laser and radiofrequency, Microdermabrasion, PDO Threadlift, Laser hair removal, Stretch mark removal, Laser vein removal, Spider vein removal, Sclerotherapy, Toenail fungus laser treatment, Venus Freeze, SculpSure Latisse, and anti-aging skin care products. Call us today to schedule your free consultation!
At Amoderm Cosmetic & Wellness Clinic, our goal is to create a healthy, natural and age-defying look. Our focus is on whole-face rejuvenation using a combination of fillers, neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) and various laser and radiofrequency treatment. We offer various medical cosmetic treatments to enhance and accentuate your natural beauty. At Amoderm, we explore all options to rejuvenate, slow down and reverse the aging process using the most advanced, clinically-proven, affordable and safe treatments that are customized to your specific conditions and needs. It's all about you, and what is right for you. The good news is that many things can be done to effectively reverse the aging process without expensive surgeries and alike. Our patients often find it hard to believe what can be achieved in a single visit using a carefully selected combination of botox, dysport and filler injections and lasers. Our emphasis is on whole-face rejuvenation with natural-looking results. Often, years of aging can be undone in just a few minutes.It's very important for us to have a face-to-face discussion with you to know you better; where you are coming from; what issues you want to address; what your expectations are; and how we can help you best. We also want you to know us better to make sure Amoderm is the right place for you. That's why we always offer complimentary consultations to our patients. When you come to Amoderm, you can be assured that you will be treated with utmost courtesy, honesty and professionalism. We truly care about you, your comfort and your well-being. We know that going to a cosmetic clinic is not necessarily the most pleasant experience, but we do whatever it takes to make it as pleasant and as stress-free, and as comfortable as possible for you. Our services include:
- Botox, Dysport & Xeomin injections to wipe out dynamic wrinkles and more. Botox, Xeomin & Dysport are effective in reducing and removing wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, Botox is FDA-approved for treatment of other conditions such as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), muscle stiffness (spasticity) and migraine headaches, which are also provided at Amoderm. Other cosmetic treatments we provide using Botox, Dysport and Xeomin include jaw slimming and jaw line reshaping, calf slimming, nose reshaping, eyebrow lift, treatment of neck (platisma) bands and more. Say goodbye to the wrinkles, fine lines, crows’ feet, frown lines, worry lines & forehead creases by Botox & Dysport injections & take years away from your face!
- Filler injections (Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Voluma, Volbella, Bellafill, Restylane & Perlane) to add volume & diminish wrinkles instantly. Dermal fillers are used to create volume under the skin in a fine & skillful procedure that has been likened to sculpting or non-surgical face lift. Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in using various dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Sculptra, Belotero, Restylane & Perlane to accentuate your natural beauty & defy the effects of aging. Juvederm, Belotero, Voluma, Restylane & Perlane are based on hyaluronic acid, a gel-like substance that is naturally present in skin, contributing to the firmness of young & healthy skin. Dr. Jafari at Amoderm Med Spa can replenish the skin’s lost hyaluronic acid by injection of Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane, Belotero or Voluma. On the other hand, Radiesse utilizes a calcium-based microsphere technology, which not only provides immediate volume restoration, but it also stimulates the body to produce new collagen, creating much more long-lasting results. Similarly, Sculptra is derived from corn-starch and is highly effective in stimulating body to produce more collagen. Dr. Jafari skillfully injects the dermal fillers into areas such as smile lines, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, tear trough, nose bridge, cheeks, chin, neck and hands and takes away years of age in a few minutes! Dr. Jafari is highly experienced in techniques such as microcannula injections, which can reduce the bruising associated with the procedure.
- Medical-Grade Customized Chemical Peel including VI Peel and Obagi Blue Peel to create vibrant, healthy, and rejuvenated skin.
- MicroLaser peel (Laser skin resurfacing) to rejuvenate the skin, for active acne and acne scar, stretch marks, pigmentation, skin sun damage, scars, and wrinkles.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing for deeper laser peels resulting in more effective skin rejuvenation. - IPL (Photofacial) to stimulate collagen and treat vascular lesions, sun damage, pigmentation, open pores, acne and redness.
- Micro-needling (Microneedling, dermapen, dermaroller) to stimulate collagen, treat superficial scars and improve skin tone and texture.
- Skin tightening to stimulate collagen, increased skin tone and tightness.
- Laser spider vein removal and Sclerotherapy to remove unsightly superficial veins such as the spider veins.
- Medical-grade crystal-free diamond Microdermabrasion to treat superficial hyperpigmentation, photodamage, and fine lines.
- Laser hair removal for a silky-smooth, vibrant and maintenance-free skin.
- Stretch mark removal to effectively reduce the appearance of stubborn striae and stretch marks.
- Toenail fungus Laser treatment to safely, effectively and permanently treat toenail fungus.
- Radiofrequency and Venus Freeze treatments for body contouring, skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, cellulite treatment and size reduction.
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) to rejuvenate face using body's own growth factors (optionally combined with fillers).
- Signature Facials to promote your natural beauty and the health of your skin.
- Wellness program for better health, better management of chronic diseases and weigh adjustment.
- Latisse for fuller beautiful eyelashes
Amoderm Medical Spa is located in Irvine, California. We proudly serve clients from all cities & neighborhoods in the OC including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Crystal Cove, Cypress, Dana Point, Fashion Island, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Pelican Hills, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, South Coast Plaza, Surfside, Tustin, Tustin Legacy, Tustin Ranch, UCI, University Park, Westminster, & Yorba Linda. In addition to the cities in the Orange County, Amoderm Medspa often provide services to clients from other counties including Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside & San Bernardino & other cities and counties in Southern California.
Register for this siteLost your password?
Please enter your username or email address.You will receive a link to create a new password via email.